first time on carnival magic!!

SKAGGS1234

A few questions

Your time advantages vs 6 :00 trditional

Do you like on dining room better than another one?

On demarcation day is the ocean plaza opened for dining for lunch?

What movies are showing by the pool?

Which shows are not to be missed?

Which food isn't to be missed.

For dining I guess it depends on the person, I just like the traditional 6:00 dining

Foods/Desserts: My favorites were the lasagna, beef stroganoff, chocolate melting cake and the bitter & blanc

Can't remember if the Ocean Plaza is open on embarkation day but it's definitely open for lunch and the they have the Taste Bar as a dining option but I definitely recommend the pasta bar at Cucino de Capitano for embarkation day for lunch cause it's not all that crowded

They show different types of movies but all good

All shows were awesome but my ultimate favorite was this Groove Motown type show, it was so good I saw it twice! LoL. But overall the Magic is an amazing ship, it'll be my third cruise but second time on her 9/14/14. Hope u have a great time!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I prefer traditional dining at 6:00. Some people like your-time dining, so that they can go whenever they want. The downside is that you might have to wait to get a table. On my last sailing, there were so many people doing your-time, that some people who wanted to eat early had to wait over an hour for a table. Those that got into the dining room when it opened had to get in line 30 minutes before it opened in order to guarantee that they got in before it filled up. Not all sailings are like that, but it's possible.

I prefer the aft dining room on the lower level, right in the middle of everything. So naturally, I am literally always put in the upper level, far away from everything. The more you sail with Carnival, the worse your table assignments get.

I'm not sure if I'm reading the one question correctly, but on embarkation day, the lanai BBQ outside of the oceans plaza is not open for lunch. That's only on sea days. For embarkation lunch, I recommend the pasta bar in Cucina del Capitano. It's free for lunch, but charges extra for dinner.

I don't know about the movies. For the stage shows, the only one I can remember is the magic (illusion) show. It was very good. The 2 standard production shows weren't memorable, even though I usually love those kind of shows.

Food not to be missed- The Red Frog Pub's Jamaican Jerk wings. they are an extra charge item (I think its like $3) But they are the best wings I have eaten.

I also am not sure on your question about the Ocean Plaza. I assume you mean embarkation day since on debarkation you will be off the ship before lunch time. But on embarkation day, they may have the taste bar (inside OP) open but the outside grilling area is only open on sea days. BUT on sea days I would suggest you try the grill. It's a good distraction from the MDR lunch menu or the buffet.

Thanks for all the information. Yes, I was asking about embarktation day for Ocean Plaza. I was wondering if the salad bar was open that day. Hoping it is open everyday for lunch.:)

No the Ocean Plaza is not open for lunch on embarkation day. A little known fact is that you can get a hot breakfast at the Taste bar each morning. It's rarely crowded.

Food not to be missed- The Red Frog Pub's Jamaican Jerk wings. they are an extra charge item (I think its like $3) But they are the best wings I have eaten.

I also am not sure on your question about the Ocean Plaza. I assume you mean embarkation day since on debarkation you will be off the ship before lunch time. But on embarkation day, they may have the taste bar (inside OP) open but the outside grilling area is only open on sea days. BUT on sea days I would suggest you try the grill. It's a good distraction from the MDR lunch menu or the buffet.

I agree with sailor spend the money at red frog and get the wings and the coconut encrusted shrimp!! You wont be dissapointed at all :D

AZmike480

I actually really liked the burrito bar and its in the back of the buffet area. Very yummy and over looked on embarkation day.

Buy FTTF if you can! Totally worth it

I like the traditional 6:00 dining. Don't have to wait and enjoy going every night.

LOVE the Steakhouse! If you are a steak eater plan it for a night you don't like the dinner menu.

Shows my kids loved the magic show.

A few questions

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We always have any time dining and have never had to wait for a table.

We always go early usually standing in line when the doors open at 6:00pm.

Only one dining room does anytime dining so that is the one I have seen.

The movies by pool side depend on what is available on dvd and there isnt anyway to tell what will play on your sailing. Last cruise they played a few newer releases as well as Toy Story and older movies.

The Magic Shows are usually very entertaining. We also love the Comedy

Club and go every night to check out atleast one of the Comedy shows.

The Legend Talent show the last night is always a good choice.

The dining room food I love is the Spaghetti Carbonara. It is offered on the first formal night. Also love the creme brulee'.

The bbq ribs are good and so is the fried chicken.

The Steakhouse is absolutely wonderful. Similar to Ruths Chris.

Cucina el Capitano is also excellent. We already have reservations for 2 nights there and 1 night at the Steakhouse.

Hope this helps

A few questions

We had the 6pm dining and it was perfect.. i wouldn't have wanted to wait till the later dining. always ready to go at 6pm.. table was good.. and always ready. it was great

We had our regular dining in the northern lights i think it was...it was mid ship. it was nice. we had the breakfast in the aft dining room a few times.. and it was nice b/c the windows! you could see outside! but other than that i didn't notice a difference

we had a fog delay coming back in so they had lunch for us.. but i don't know if that is normal or not.. sorry i can't help with this one

They had alot of different movies.. some concerts.. the goonies.. the sandlot.. mostly family friendly.. a few cartoons.. despicable me 2.. stuff like that i think

We saw several of the shows and honestly wasnt too impressed. we like the games better.. love game was HILLARIOUS!!

The mongolian wok was good.. but the line was HORRIBLE! we at at the cucinan del capitano for dinner one night and it was ok. it was worth the $12 we spent each for it.. but nothing i would do again. We ate at the MDR almost every night. There was alot of great selections there. i haven't eaten so much in my whole life!!

You will have a blast.. the ship is absolutely stunning!