Alaska cruise total price

masspector

I'm a little bit over a month away from a 7-day round-trip from Seattle on the Westerdam. My current projected total for the trip is about $5300 for three of us. (There's a 4th person sailing with us - my sister - and she's paying separately).

We did go with HAL so we could get the 3rd & 4th passenger discount. The total price for me and my two kids for the cruise was $2407.92. Our airfare round-trip Cincinnati to Seattle on Delta was $1260 (I watched it for a year and jumped when it dipped one day!).

The remaining $1600 in the total is for excursions that are paid for, the hotel in Seattle that my sis and I are splitting, and extra meals, souvenirs, tips, parking at the airport, shuttles in Seattle, soda & beverage cards on the ship, sightseeing expenses in Seattle and the ports, baggage fees and other incidentals (and I even threw in what my doggie care will be!).

Hope this helps!

if you start early enough I would suggest getting your own airfare on the watch type sites. I bought one way tickets Orlando to Vancouver for $ 250 (united) and later got Anchorage to Orlando for $ 266 (US airways) traveling on Mondays. Daytime flight going out, one change middle of the night flight returning.

I started planning my 06/06/14 Alaska cruise in February 2013. I used points for every hotel and flight I could. I got credit cards for all of the hotel companies and spent on them for the required time to build up maximum points. Use them to your advantage. On our 16 day trip to Alaska, I'm not paying $1 for hotels! That is 8 nights FREE. 4 in Hilton, 2 Holiday Inn and 2 Marriott. For the airfare, I paid about $150 total for the 2 of us to fly FIRST class from Washington DC to Anchorage and then return Vancouver to DC. It takes a lot of planning, but it can be done.

I also subscribe to Cruise Fish. You tell them what cabin categories you purchased for the particular cruise and they email you if there is a price drop. Saved us $192/pp!!

You can read about my entire pre-planning at 'Not quite OCD Alaska, but close' if you do a search.