Disney Dream October 2014 Sailing

Hawaii697

All, I'm sailing on the Disney Dream in October. My first Disney cruise and very excited. :D For those of you that sail on Disney in October, can you tell me if you've experienced a price drop or if you've gotten any last minute deals for sailing at the end of October?

Thanks in advance for your response!

All, I'm sailing on the Disney Dream in October. My first Disney cruise and very excited. :D For those of you that sail on Disney in October, can you tell me if you've experienced a price drop or if you've gotten any last minute deals for sailing at the end of October?

Thanks in advance for your response!

I went in October on the Magic at Halloween its a popular time to cruise so I would expect prices to go up not down. Lots of schools have a holiday around then, UK has half term.

September and early October tend to be low rates and have occasional specials available, but the end of October is actually a popular time. May schools have fall breaks/teacher conference days, etc. which many families find a good time to book a cruise. Combine that with Halloween and....sorry.

Im cruising for the first time on Disney the middle of October. When we booked our choice, Oct. 19 on Dream, was a wee bit less expensive. However, now when I look at it, the cabin category that we chose is no longer available. If you want it, this time, you are going to have to pay for it.

Have never experienced a price drop.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've experienced 2 price drops before the penalty date and was able to get the new price. They do happen but are few and far between.

Refunds/change to lower rates are NOT automatic. They only happen if you/TA contact DCL and request the adjustment.

If a price drops after the penalty date, it's "too bad, so sad" unless the drop is so dramatic that it is worth a cancel/take the penalty/rebook. In my experience, the drops were not that big--ours were only in the $100 per person range. If a tax or government fee changes, that amount is automatically credited to your credit card. That's where you get those $7.32 refunds.

Edited by moki'smommy

We get off the ship 10/31. My thought was since we were not sailing on Halloween and during hurricane season . . . oh well! :rolleyes: I appreciate the feedback!

Edited by Hawaii697

We get off the ship 10/31. My thought was since we were not sailing on Halloween and during hurricane season . . . oh well! :rolleyes: I appreciate the feedback!

Nice thoughts, but DCL celebrates the Halloween season, not just cruises that cross the day itself....and hurricane season encompasses 6 months of the year. Both good ideas, but won't have an influence. In the land of DCL, it is all supply and demand.

Not October, but we just sailed on the Dream on a 4 night cruise April 6-10. This was a Spring Break trip with most of the cruisers being from Atlanta. Atlanta was on Spring Break and it is an easy drive to the port. We saw GT rates available with VGT rates going for less than inside rooms. I was shocked to see it because I heard that the Spring Break cruises fill fast. We are seeing that for 2015, but didn't see that in 2014. It all depends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...