Norwegian Jewel - Obstructed Oceanview

cruiselineq

I've booked an obstructed oceanview on deck 8 of the Jewel for Alaska this summer (don't remember the exact cabin #).

I'm considering upgrading to a balcony (price is an issue), but would love to hear opinions from others.

Any idea what deck 8 obstructed oceanviews are like? Anyone have pics?! Would love any opinions from the community.

Thanks!

I've booked an obstructed oceanview on deck 8 of the Jewel for Alaska this summer (don't remember the exact cabin #).

I'm considering upgrading to a balcony (price is an issue), but would love to hear opinions from others.

Any idea what deck 8 obstructed oceanviews are like? Anyone have pics?! Would love any opinions from the community.

Thanks!

I was in one last sept/13, I think it was 8096.(on the Gem) They call them "Sideways" cabins. I thougt that it was perfect for me, as I usually travel solo. The view varies with each cabin, to being almost blocked, to having a fairly good view. I booked it for the light coming in. There is plenty of room for storage, a small but sufficient refrig, counter space, and walk around room. I found that the "hopper" was a little cramped, but big enough for the "average" person. If anyone is more than "portly", they will find really tight quarters. The enclosed shower is just fine. I liked the area as well, with the Blue Lagoon being only steps away, for people like me who enjoy alternate dining, aka, being too lazy to go hunt my food. hahaha I am booked for 9/6 on the Gem, but I am taking my HP friend, and are using a HP cabin. We were lucky to get one only a few doors down from the BL, on the same deck, (8) You can find fotos of the cabin....somewhere, but I haven't as yet. Good luck, and happy cruising. R.A. and the cat:)

Thanks for the tips Rusty Alligator!

So, I checked and we are in 8572. Now i'm hoping it has *some* light. Wish there was a good place to find photos!

Your welcome. You can look at "cruiserooms.com" and look for any sister ship, as they are almost the same. Have you gone to the NCL site and pulled up the floor/deck plans yet?. It will show you your cabin, and how much the lifeboat blocks your window...if any. R.A. and the Cat:D

I looked up where the cabin is, and "It ain't a pretty sight". Not to fear though, the cabin is almost above the LB, so there is plenty of light, and sight. I dug up my tix from last sept, and found out that I was in 8094. How many are in your cabin? Two is comfy, but more may be slightly cramped. Hope the waves are flat, and the sun stays shining. RA and the Cat:)