HAL fan tries Celebrity. My review if the Reflection April 5-12

foodgirl

Foodgirl - DW & I were discussing your comparative review at dinner and we want to command you. You did a great job of explaining what you liked on each cruise line and why. Thanks again!

You are welcome. I have learned much from many on these boards and hoped to share for others.

I choose a cruise based on itineraries, ship, food, and service. Entertainment is a plus but not as important for me. I also check to see if my kids can be in the same agree group in the kids club. I also enjoy smoking 1 fine cigar every now and then on my neptune suite balcony (when neighbors are not on balcony) and would never go on a line that doesn't let me do this.

The food on HAL is comparable to X but the service in the Neptune Lounge puts HAL in a league of its own. I must say I enjoyed the butler service on NCL's owner suite. Celebrity's service is just OK IMHO. I also think HAL's itineraries are so much better than anyone else's.

I enjoyed your review of Celebrity. It reminded me of how much we liked Celebrity until we fell in love with HAL. Happy cruising.

We had fun reading your Celebrity review. We were cruising Celebrity for the first time the same week as you but we were on the Silhouette. We have the highest number of days on HAL and have also cruised Norwegian, Royal Caribbean and Carnival. There were things we liked about each and have never had a bad cruise.

We booked this cruise as a last minute deal because it was still so cold at home and because we've been anxious to try out Celebrity. We absolutely fell in love. We thought the staff was the best ever.... any line, any cruise. The food was better and the shows were excellent. After being on HAL for our last several cruises (chosen for itinerary), this was a wonderful change of pace. We were with another couple who were trying out X for the first time also.

We felt that except for storage in the cabin, Celebrity won our "HAL vs Celebrity" challenge for every category. We will still sail HAL because we like their long itineraries but for a short cruise we will choose Celebrity for sure. I would urge anyone who feels "married" to one cruise line to get out of their comfort zone and try new experiences. Thanks for your wonderful review.

Commend, command, autocorrect strikes again. I had something turn obese the other day and never saw it. My text message recipient got quite the chuckle (which autocorrect keeps wanting to change to chuckhole 😇) out of it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk