Carry on luggage question

We now live in Florida and will be driving to the pier to get on cruise ships. Is there a size restriction for the carry on luggage? I know it has to go thru a scanner but I wanted to take my piece of luggage that is larger than the carry on size regulated by airlines. Laying down It measures 27 long x18wide x10deep.

Thanks for any help, I tried to google it but could not find anything.

We now live in Florida and will be driving to the pier to get on cruise ships. Is there a size restriction for the carry on luggage? I know it has to go thru a scanner but I wanted to take my piece of luggage that is larger than the carry on size regulated by airlines. Laying down It measures 27 long x18wide x10deep.

No problem, but you will have to carry it around with you until about 1:30pm

You shoud be fine. The length is not an issue. Seems to me that 18" wide and 10" tall would not pose a problem.

We also drive to the ports and on the first few cruises we carried our luggage on but recently have started putting the tags on it. We have found it so much easier especially since we arrive about 11 am and had to carry our luggage with us until the rooms opened up.

I suppose that if you only had a couple of pieces and arrive after 1pm then it wouldnt be too bad.

We have many times carried on a Travel-Pro 24 inch Rollerboard (which probably measures at least 25 inches end to end. We can put 49.5 pounds (just under the airline 50 pound limit) in that suitcase with no trouble. That bag easily fits through the scanner, although several times I've been told it was too big - I just throw it on the belt and stare at them with my "oh, yeah?" look:cool: as it passes through. I would be pretty sure that your bag would easily fit mechanically; less sure what the gate people will say.

Thom