Does this sound weird? Conversation with Carnival PVP

kristi24

The PVP, upgrade, on board credit, 3 card monte continues. Thats why I use an experienced TA agency owner and not any of the rapid turnover PVP pool.

Cotton, I know you have a good PVP and understand you have built up trust and get great service, same with my TA. Your PVP WILL eventually better his/her lot in life and move on to something else. And my TA could close up too, but I hope that's less likely.

to the OP

But most PVPs are just a step above minimum wage employees and are not that knowledgable so everything you're told must be taken with a large grain of salt. Other lines too, not just Carnival. But CCLs size must make their training the most nightmarish. Whatever is said must be documented or it was never said.

Also, you were happy with the price you booked, stay happy and enjoy your cruise.

Dan

my cruise just came down $300 for two of us and I had been upgraded from a 4a to a 4c i took the down grade to the 4a again to get the savings. I actually prefer a lower cabin do to the rocking of the ship being less.

we haven't made our last payment though so they just lowered the price.

Thanks so much for all of the great feedback! As of now, I have my documents and luggage tags for my 8I upgrade. I also have my 60 obc. We will see what happens. I will be sure to let you all know.

Is it cruise time yet?!

Kristi, I wasn't going to reply to your post but . . . I can't help it. You booked a GYT balcony (8A). You were upgraded to an balcony (8I) and you are complaining that because the fare for an 8A dropped $30.00 and you feel entitled to be credited that drop in price? I'm sorry . . . but if I was upgraded to a cabin that cost more than what I paid for . . . I would send Carnival a thank you note. I sure as heck wouldn't expect them to PAY me for that upgrade (in cash or ship credit) . . . nor would I expect them to drop me back to what was my GYT balcony 8A in order to receive the credit. If you want a cash refund or an on board credit . . . I would suggest you contact Carnival and tell them that you booked a GYT balcony (8A) and that is what you expect. You also expect the $30 that those cabins are now going for. I'm sure they would honor your request. To expect a refund on a more expensive cabin (or even expect any on board credit) is . . . I think . . . rather unreasonable. To have Carnival actually give you on board credit goes above and beyond what I would expect. A cruise cabin is not a "product" . . . it is a service. You have been upgraded to a cabin . . . and possibly a better service. To feel you are entitled to that better cabin (service) AND a refund for the cabin (and service) you paid for . . . well, it just doesn't make any sense. Take what you paid for . . . get the refund for what you paid for . . . or . . . thank the "Upgrade Fairy" for being one of very few that is getting a heck of a lot more than what you paid for!

Just to clarify the reason for my original post: the way the Carnival PVP handled the situation. The only thing I originally inquired about was the way Carnival handled my call.

More questions were asked about my situation and I answered them honestly. I had simply read on this board that it was possible to get a credit if the price changed, that's all!

Didn't think I would be slaughtered for posting something, but it is possible I may be wrong!

PS: My intent was not to complain about the 30 or make it seem like I was "entitled". .. . sorry if it appears that way!

Hello,

oh yes....they were very slimy for trying to put you in a cabin you already had......those carnival reps always are trying to get away with something...

Good luck and i hope they do not try anymore underhanded deeds.....

(I should mention first that I did receive my documents a week ago and after booking a Balc Guarantee I was upgraded to an 8I!. .. am I greedy for wanting a price adjustment?!)

Kristi, sorry, but I think the reason you are getting those negative responses is becuase of the above statement you made in your first post.

Well, such is life. I've learned it is hard to be frank on this board without being jumped all over! You can't win all the time.

The weirdest thing about it is that the last time I cruised I was much younger and my parents planned the whole trip. This will be my first cruise as an adult and I really don't know the ropes. I simply thought you were able to get a price adjustment even if you book a guarantee room (no matter your assignment). I guess I was incorrect in my assumption.

Archived