Bruges oriana june 13th

Cruiser CJ

Hi I cant make my mind up whether to make my own way to Bruges by train which in theory sounds straight forward or due to being back on board at 3pm using the p and o do your own thing trip and try to see as much as I possibly can ?

Is there any fellow passengers out there what are you doing?

Anybody done this trip ? Can you share your experience.

Thankyou

P&O are very poor at actually giving exact times in port until you're onboard. :( Have you looked at excursions offered to see how long the longest is?

Going by train to Bruges is very easy and cheap! :) Free shuttle to Blankenberge where you are dropped by the train station. The train journey is just 1 stop and about 15 mins. Then a nice 15 minute or so walk into the centre. Just make sure you get times of trains as only 1 an hour. ;)

We have just come back from a 2 nighter on Oriana and got the train into Bruges, we always do this, tend to get up early and get the earliest train we can (this time it was the 9.11. It was a Saturday and easter so trains were busier. We didn't have to be back on board Oriana until 6pm although we returned around 2. Be aware Bruges is very expensive, we had 2 medium beers..cost 19 euros! Can't remember it being that expensive previously!

We have just come back from a 2 nighter on Oriana and got the train into Bruges, we always do this, tend to get up early and get the earliest train we can (this time it was the 9.11. It was a Saturday and easter so trains were busier. We didn't have to be back on board Oriana until 6pm although we returned around 2. Be aware Bruges is very expensive, we had 2 medium beers..cost 19 euros! Can't remember it being that expensive previously!

This was the cruise we were on. We had 2 teas and Capuchino 8 euros which I didn't think was too bad and it was a lovely setting. Loved the tulip displays in the park.

Yes disembarkation was a bit chaotic......... but yippee to being able to finally keep cruise cards!:D No idea why it took so long to offload luggage when most people took their own off. :rolleyes:

My daughter and I had a good giggle at the Hen parties. They all seemed to be enjoying themselves......... as did the Stag dos! ;)

I don't think fancy dress is really suitable for dinner in the main restaurant nor parading a blow up,Dolly around the corridors or bars...rather chavvy behaviour and if it had been my first time on p&o I probably wouldn't rush to book another..it was akin to a weekend in Blackpool at times!

Oriana deserves so much better! However we enjoyed our weekend away but you can certainly tell the staff don't like these weekenders!

Yes disembarkation was a bit chaotic......... but yippee to being able to finally keep cruise cards!:D No idea why it took so long to offload luggage when most people took their own off. :rolleyes:

My daughter and I had a good giggle at the Hen parties. They all seemed to be enjoying themselves......... as did the Stag dos! ;)

We ignored what they said about cases not being in the luggage hall and were amongst the first off and yes our luggage was there waiting for us,think they said that to stop literally everybody getting off at once. Never been back to Southampton so late before though!