Bahamas Marriage Certificate

I'm just wondering what you guys did to get marriage certificates from the Bahamas. I followed all of the instructions that I was given and it has been over 8 weeks (they said it could take up to 8 weeks) and I have not received anything. They gave us 2 phone numbers and an e-mail address. The phone numbers all go straight to voice mail. We have left a couple of messages on the phone system as well as sent a couple of e-mails and have not received a response for anything. I am getting very nervous because a family member, as a wedding gift, booked us for travel and booked me with my husband's last name after I confirmed that I would be changing it. This date is fast approaching and I am freaking out because I can't reach anyone and feel completely helpless.

Hi,

I'm not sure who you are addressing? I'd like to help...but who are you directing your question to?

If you are asking me (the OP from the Bahama Wedding Diary post)...then I won't be much help.

We avoided the who issue by getting married in the states, before our wedding.

Dwayne

I am directing the question to anyone who was married in the Bahamas during a cruise wedding. Just wondering if I did something wrong or am being impatient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are this concerned then run down to the court house and get married a again, that way you will know you are safe! And your proof and records of the marriage will be in this country.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you are this concerned then run down to the court house and get married a again, that way you will know you are safe! And your proof and records of the marriage will be in this country.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were actually considering doing this just weren't sure if it would be legal since we technically are already married and just lack the proper documentation to prove it.

And yes we were given 2 numbers and found 3 more online and they all go straight to voice mail and most of them have full mailboxes.