Breakaway - Starboard docking in Bermuda?

kroozin'

Wondering if the Breakaway most always docks against starboard in Bermuda? The numerous times I viewed the BA bridge-cam and portbermudawebcam.com during 2013 season, I always saw the ship docked starboard.

I'm about to book BA for late May Bermuda. During the 3 day stay, I personally prefer my cabin to overlook the water toward the Grand Bermuda / Hamilton area rather than the RN Dockyard - so I'm hoping my chances are good if I book a port cabin?

What have other folks seen/experienced last season?

Wondering if the Breakaway most always docks against starboard in Bermuda? The numerous times I viewed the BA bridge-cam and portbermudawebcam.com during 2013 season' date=' I always saw the ship docked starboard.

I'm about to book BA for late May Bermuda. During the 3 day stay, I personally prefer my cabin to overlook the water toward the Grand Bermuda / Hamilton area rather than the RN Dockyard - so I'm hoping my chances are good if I book a port cabin?

What have other folks seen/experienced last season?[/quote']

Was on Breakaway last year in last week of May and it docked port side. We were starboard side overlooking Hamilton and the water. It was nice. We are also going the last week of May this year(same week). Are you booking Breakaway for this May?

Thanks Berzle - hmmmm, guess she docks both ways :D

I'd imagine there's a number of factors on each visit that go into determining port or starboard docking. Yes, looking at either 3rd or last week of May.

Thanks Berzle - hmmmm' date=' guess she docks both ways :D

I'd imagine there's a number of factors on each visit that go into determining port or starboard docking. Yes, looking at either 3rd or last week of May.[/quote']

At least once every 4 weeks they will change sides to the dock. They have to do that for lifeboat drills on each side.

Thanks Berzle - hmmmm' date=' guess she docks both ways :D

I'd imagine there's a number of factors on each visit that go into determining port or starboard docking. Yes, looking at either 3rd or last week of May.[/quote']

Your welcome!!!! We were on the third sailing to Bermuda on Breakaway last year, so the first two were docked starboard. It's much easier for them to dock starboard than port. When we we pulled up near the dock I thought he was going to park it starboard side just like a car. LOL. All of a sudden it stops and did a 360. It was actually pretty cool.

Docking with your balcony facing Dockyards has one large advantage. Tou can take advantage of the reasonably priced wifi package from the port. No service on the other side of the ship :(
Ahh... another interesting aspect which didn't occur to me! Thanks!! ;)

It can vary week to week based on a number of factors. Last season there didn't appear to be any evident rhyme or reason, though I'm sure they had their reasons. As time2cruise indicated, the benefit of facing land is that you can pick up the inexpensive and reasonably fast Dockyard WiFi.

It can vary week to week based on a number of factors. Last season there didn't appear to be any evident rhyme or reason, though I'm sure they had their reasons. As time2cruise indicated, the benefit of facing land is that you can pick up the inexpensive and reasonably fast Dockyard WiFi.

You also get the sunset and not a sunrise pouring into your cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You also get the sunset and not a sunrise pouring into your cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sunrise at the bow when docked port side to a Dockyard aft sunset. The opposite docked starboard side. We called are aft facing cabins bask cronies Easy Bake Ovens when docked port side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim