Ship Change 2/8/15

slickrick64

Is the Conquest a much nicer ship than the Splendor? Reading that several people are not happy with having to go on the Splendor. :(

We were booked on the Conquest and now changed to Splendor for Feb 15 2015. Just deciding what we should do, flights are booked so not many options! Looking at the NCL Getaway going to two of the same ports. NCL is a little more expensive, but might be worth the change. Cruised the Sunshine last Feb. had a great time, but kids weren't with us so sitting in the lounges or Piano bar was fine, this time we will have kids with us and would like more evening entertainment.

Just got off the phone with CCL. My cruise has been canceled by me...with full refund on my deposit.

Not only did they change my ship, they moved me down a deck. :mad:

I asked if I could be put back on the Conquest wherever she was at and they said no, it couldn't be booked. Is she getting more work done? :confused:

Anyways, she's our fave ship (but maybe not after we sail the Breeze in Nov.) so certainly don't want a "downgrade" to replace our fave ship.

• 2 weeks later...

The itineraries have changed on Conquest, now they are 6 and 8 day cruises. We were supposed to go on the Eastern swing on March 1st. So they switched us to Splendor doing the same ports, but without the upgrades we are considering cancelling too. They would rather lose our business than make us happy.

We've enjoyed all of our cruises, including the Splendor. We were moved to the Conquest from the Freedom for April 2015 and are going to give her a try, even though she doesn't have Serenity.

Not to be rude or insulting, but what is the difference between going on the Conquest or the Splendor. I've not been on either and have the Splendor booked for Sept 2014. Are the options on the Conquest that much better than other ships that would make you cancel the cruise? I can understand about switching decks and would have a discussion with them about that, but I don't see where having the 2.0 features are that much of an issue.

My wife and I love to cruise and have been on a number of them. It is a relaxing time, the food is good, and being able to disconnect from the world. So, it really doesn't matter if there are 2.0 features or not. We just enjoy the "cruising life".

Steve

We've enjoyed all of our cruises, including the Splendor. We were moved to the Conquest from the Freedom for April 2015 and are going to give her a try, even though she doesn't have Serenity.

I think you will love it anyway. It has an adults only pool in the aft that is very quiet, and all of the 2.0 stuff other than Serenity.

We just got off two weeks ago and wish we could go back. What a great cruise ship with wonderful crew!

Kevin C

Not to be rude or insulting, but what is the difference between going on the Conquest or the Splendor. I've not been on either and have the Splendor booked for Sept 2014. Are the options on the Conquest that much better than other ships that would make you cancel the cruise? I can understand about switching decks and would have a discussion with them about that, but I don't see where having the 2.0 features are that much of an issue.

It would be a giant issue for us now, at least if we were planning on the 2.0 features such as Guy Fieri's and the Blue Iguana. The upgrade in the food quality on Lide deck is incredible since those changes. I love the Fantasy class ships, but I would think twice now about sailing one without Guy's burgers! :)

My wife and I love to cruise and have been on a number of them. It is a relaxing time, the food is good, and being able to disconnect from the world. So, it really doesn't matter if there are 2.0 features or not. We just enjoy the "cruising life".

Steve

We do too Steve, but once you sample the changes, it is tough to go back.

Kevin C

It would be a giant issue for us now, at least if we were planning on the 2.0 features such as Guy Fieri's and the Blue Iguana. The upgrade in the food quality on Lide deck is incredible since those changes. I love the Fantasy class ships, but I would think twice now about sailing one without Guy's burgers! :)

We do too Steve, but once you sample the changes, it is tough to go back.

Kevin C

Kevin,

Actually we have experienced the changes, at least most of them. We were on the Dream a couple of years ago and experienced most of the 2.0 upgrades except for Guy's which is a very recent addition. I am looking forward to having more than one Guy's burgers, but it is not a make or break item for me. Wife and I've enjoyed all the food on the ships.

Steve

Not to be rude or insulting, but what is the difference between going on the Conquest or the Splendor. I've not been on either and have the Splendor booked for Sept 2014. Are the options on the Conquest that much better than other ships that would make you cancel the cruise?

Steve

The Conquest did not sit powerless in the Pacific Ocean with pallets of Spam on the deck.

Seriously, don't worry about your cruise. Wife and I enjoyed our cruise on the Splendor as much as we have on any other ship. If you can get past the Pink tiger striped Pokka Dot over reflective silver wallpaper in some of the elevator lobbies the you'll have no problem with the Splendor :D

I can see why some people are looking forward to specific features available on the Conquest but unless you are booking a cruise for those venues the Splendor will be fine.

Yeah, I've heard the "decor" on the Splendor is "something to desire" :) It seems like each ship has its own "special" decorations somewhere on the ship. And nope, wife and I don't drink alcohol, so it doesn't matter about the Blue Iguana or Red Frog. Though, I've heard they had breakfast burritos. I know my wife will want to try those on the Liberty next Jan and Pride in March.

I think you will love it anyway. It has an adults only pool in the aft that is very quiet, and all of the 2.0 stuff other than Serenity.

We just got off two weeks ago and wish we could go back. What a great cruise ship with wonderful crew!

Kevin C

Thanks! That's great to hear! I've been seeking feedback on the Conquest and it seems to flow easily so I have no worries that we'll have a great cruise!