Dublin: where do the ships dock?

We will be sailing on Celebrity on a Transatlantic, and stopping in Dublin. Is the dock near the center of town? If not, how far away is it? We would like to do a self-guided walking tour of the Old City.

Grace

We will be sailing on Celebrity on a Transatlantic, and stopping in Dublin. Is the dock near the center of town? If not, how far away is it? We would like to do a self-guided walking tour of the Old City.

Grace

Depending on traffic it is about a 15/20 minute cab ride to the city center.You will want to get to Grafton Street and start from there.It is easy to walk around and see the sights,but I also suggest the Hop/on Hop/off bus which will take you all around and you can get off and on as much as you like.

Grace

Hi gracecarmo,

if the dock is in the centre of town then your in trouble!!

John

Cberge: thanks for the information. I did not know about the hop-on hop-off bus. I also am interested in doing a self-guided tour, one that I downloaded from the Dublin web site.

I was hoping that there was a train that would be quicker than a taxi, and not be dependent on traffic etc.

Grace

Cberge: thanks for the information. I did not know about the hop-on hop-off bus. I also am interested in doing a self-guided tour, one that I downloaded from the Dublin web site.

I was hoping that there was a train that would be quicker than a taxi, and not be dependent on traffic etc.

Grace

There is a train of sorts,but I am not sure it will run near where you may or may not dock that is why I said a cab..you should be fine and the cab driver's are really great.You could check when you get there about the train if someone doesn't offer up the info before.The HO's are a great way to see Dublin for the first time.there are 2 of them that start right below Grafton Street..youcan get your ticket on the bus..do that and then finish up with your walking tour..it will make a great day.

Hi Grace: We were with you on the Celebrity cruise in South America. We are also going on a transatlantic this year but not on Celebrity. We are on the Golden Princess, sailing on August 20th out of Southampton. Have a wonderful trip. Eileen and Larry

Archived