Lirica repositioning cruise March 2015

t60

Help please. Does anyone know if the currency on board will be in Euros or US dollars?

Any other info or pix would be appreciated eg daily onboard schedule of events, types of evening entertainment, quality of excursions (we have usually arranged our own private ones), language of books in the library, cost of internet connection etc etc

Sandy in Spain

Help please. Does anyone know if the currency on board will be in Euros or US dollars?

Any other info or pix would be appreciated eg daily onboard schedule of events, types of evening entertainment, quality of excursions (we have usually arranged our own private ones), language of books in the library, cost of internet connection etc etc

Sandy in Spain

I was Lirica in March this year fro Dubai and the currency on board was Euros.

Suron

Sandy in Spain

Sandy it will be in US$ as the ship the cruise is a transatlantic going to Europe from South America - see here on MSC's site http://www.msccruises.co.uk/uk_en/Already-Booked/During-The-Cruise.aspx

Very few books in English in the library. A lot of Italian and German ones. Bring your own or better still bring a kindle.

I've got loads of schedules but I've no idea what it will be for your cruise. Repos are a one off. Still most have similar activities to a week cruise in the med plus extras for sea days. Dinner will be later than the norm - we were 9.45 for second on the opera's sailing from BA to Southampton.

They'll no doubt do a grand quiz running for 4 or 5 days on the crossing. Language classes (Italian or Brazilian Portuguese are the most likely), there are always dance lessons by the pool or in a lounge in the evening. Always 2 shows in the theatre even night and live music in other bars and lounges. Everything has to cTer for multiple languages so nothing really relies on the spoken word (except quizzes and bingo which theynfTtle off in 5 or 6 languages)

I've only done one tour in South America with MSC and that was the Olinda and Recife one. It was cheap and good. There was a marathon on in town and had I not used the excursion, I very much doubt I'd have seen so much in the time with traffic a complete nightmare.

Salvador is so easy to do on your own if you're going there. Just walk up the street, cut through the Mercado Modello (market) and there are public elevators that get you up to the barrio Alto old town area in minutes and for pennies. From there you arrive in a nice big a square and exploring the area is so easy on foot.

Thanks AmoMondo. We´re having a few days in Rio at the start (any recommendations for 3/4*hotels would be good), then schedule is Santos, Buzios, Salvador, Maceio, Forteleza, then across to Tenerife, Lanzarote,Malaga, Alicante then Genoa. WE´re missing the last 2 ports however. If you have any recommendations for private tour people that would be great.

Sandy in Spain

I can't recommend any private tours, as I never do them. In Rio I just went up Cocovado using the train. Not sure if you can prebook online to save time. We got there about 11.30ish and by the time we waited about 20 mins to buy our tickets, they were for the train at 13.15. We had to kill time at a cafe nearby. W also just grabbed a taxi to the cable car station to go up Sugar Loaf. I stayed in Ipanema which was fabulous and safe for walking around. I booked the Praia Ipanema and I was very fortunate to be upgraded from a superior room to their best - the Rio Suite. Just loved it. Great location opposite the beach with fabulous views from my 2 balconies.

Apart from Salvador, I've not been to any if your Brazilian ports just the European ones which are easy to do on your own.