For those of you who have been to Belize...

LisaT12

Did your tour stop half way back at a hotel for dinner? I thought both the ruins were awesome and the dinner (This was a 8/2004 Rhapsody cruise). It was bit warm and the park closed before we got back to the vans, so we had to walk about 1/4 mile down the road to load up, but it was still a great day.

Michael

Yup, and I got chased by the crazy macaw and parrot that they have...got some great pics of them though!

It was an awesome excursion!

Stef

Reggie's Cave tubing was awesome. When you go make sure you eat at the rain forest. They have this great barbeque chicken lunch that was about 4.50 complete with rice, fried banana, salad, garlic bread, dessert and a drink. It was the best meal I had all week.

I am going on the Glory on August 13--

I (and my brothers) have done cave tubing before and we loved it but we want to do something different.

We were thinking about doing the Land Rover/Cave Expedition.

Has anyone done this before? Will it be fun and exciting for three siblings who have cruised many times before as well as for 2 cruising newbies? All between the ages of 18-26?

Thanks for any info y'all've got!!

We have been to Belize twice and I love the place. Did the Altun Ha/River Wallace tour both times and it was great. If I was more computer literate I could place the website for the U.S. travel warning site(sp) There it states there is an increase in crime among tourists and you should not go places on your own. apparently the citizens are not happy with the current gov't either and there has been trouble. I did not notice this in 2004 but I did read about this on that website in late spring of this year. just an fyi. Have a fun time on your cruise.

Hi,

Just off the miracle from the july 3rd cruise. We did the cave tubing in Belize with X-stream cave tubing. It was cheaper than the ships tour. We did meet someone later on board who also did the cave tubing and paid about $20 less a person then we did. They also got lunch, where we just recieved water and fruit for a snack. They just found the tour at the pier when they arrived.

We had an 11 year old

girl with us and she said it was her favorite thing during the cuise.

It did take the whole time we were there. Also, the ship lets all the people who booked tours with them off the ship first. It is a tender port. So, we had to argue with them just so we could make our tour on time. Something to think about if you book a tour off the ship that will take most of the day.

X-stream tours was great about getting us back on time though. We didn't have any time to shop in the port, so no souvenirs. The tour company also has a kids tubing trip for the younger crowd.

Hope it helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmmmm, I don't suppose there is time to do the Ruins & Cave Tubing ???

check out altun ha/riverwallace cave tubing- THis tour gives you more time in the caves and a quick lookie at the ruins.

WE WERE THERE LAST SEPT. I ASK THE SAME QUESTION WHAT TO DO AND IF IT WAS SAFE IN BELIZE. A LADY E-MAIL ME A NAME TO CONTACT FOR A TOUR.

THIS GUY'S NAME IS JOSEPH, HE IS A GREAT. THERE WAS 4 OF US FOR THE WHOLE DAY IT WAS 40.00 EACH. WE HAD A GREAT TIME, WE WENT TO THE ZOO, SHOWED US THE DIFFERENT PLACES IN BELIZE. HE TOOK US TO THIS LITTLE PLACE TO EAT LUNCH ONLY HAD 5 TABLES IN IT THE FOOD WAS GREAT WHICH RAN ABOUT $5.00 EACH. WHILE WE WERE EATING THE PRIME MINISTER

OF BELIZE CAME IN HAD LUNCH WITH US. NEVER FELT UNSAFE, UNTIL WE GOT BACK TO THE MARKET AROUND THE SHIP. IF YOU WANT HIS NAME E-MAIL ME

AT robertj@pldi.net

Archived