04/20/14 Dream Mini Review

barrbr

Just off of the 4/20/14 sailing of the Dream. Didn't take a whole lot of pictures so will just do a mini review.

Embarkation

We had FTTF and had no issues. Arrived at the port around 10:45am and was on the ship around 11:45am.

Ship

This was our third Carnival Cruise ship and I would say that overall this was the best ship we have been on. We had a cove balcony and loved it! The only issues that I would say that we had were the temp in our room. A little warmer than we liked. Also the main pool area seems really small. This area on smaller ships seems bigger. And that is it. Every crew member we came in contact with was great!

Food

Lido buffet was good (actually edible). We really liked the different stations they have my favorites were the Pasta Bar and the Tandoor Grill! We ate in the MDR every night except the last night (we went to the steakhouse). The food in the MDR was very good in my opinion. We had Anytime Dining and never waited for more that 5 minutes to get a table (we were getting either a table for 7 or 6 each night). The steakhouse was excellent! This was our first steakhouse experience as the other ships that we have been on did not have a steakhouse. Even our room service was good and delivered very fast.

Ports

Cozumel

We went to Nachi Cocom. This was our second time going there and it was just as good as the first if not better. Drinks were flowing and the food was great! Try the grilled Grouper! It was fantastic!

Grand Cayman

We did the Turtles, Turtles, and More Turtles excursion through Carnival. We had a great time. Got to learn about, hold and snorkel with the turtles!

Montego Bay, Jamaica

We booked the Seawinds Family All-Inclusive Beach Day through Carnival. Really enjoyed this resort. Beautiful beach, nice pool, good drinks, great food, and a really great staff. Also it is very close to where the ship docks so you spend your time at the resort not getting to and from the resort!

Debarkation

This was not as smooth as embarkation. There were A LOT of people that were doing self assist! They called for self assist at 7am and didn't start to call zone numbers until almost 8:30am! Not a big deal for us as home is only a 1 hour drive away, but I would have slept a little later if I had known!

Overall this was our best cruise yet and would do this exact cruise again in a heartbeat!

Forgot to mention the shows!

We went to see both the 8 More Seconds show and the Dancing in the Streets show. Enjoyed the 8 More Seconds show but really loved the Dancing in the Streets show! Great music and the Fun Force Guys were AWESOME!

I've been on the Dream twice and love it both times.

If I could create the ultimate Carnival ship it would be a cross between the Dream and the Liberty.

The only time I've seen a line is at the Mongolian Wok place, at lunch, have yet to ever eat from there on any of my cruises.

Mark316 make sure you stop by the sea side bbq on one of your sea days. It is on the lanai which is on the promenade deck. Good hot dogs and sliders and stuff like that.

I will be on the Dream in June, what were the lines/crowds like at peak times for breakfast and lunch on sea days? In other words...was there plenty of seating?

On sea days we did a late Seaday Brunch....(around 11:00 or so). There was never a line there. On port days we ate on land. There seemed to always be a line at the Mongolian Wok but don't remember a real line at the other places.

Thanks for the review. We are sailing the Dream on Nov 16 on the Key West/Bahamas itinerary. I have been on Dream's sister ship Magic and really like her. Any spots that is a must do on the Dream or any spots I should stay away from?