Taxi fare from San Fran Airport to ship

Dawn Berry

I’m going totally from memory and I may be wrong, but I think it’s about $40 – might check the Port of San Francisco web page to see if they have taxi rates listed there.

:) I live in San Francisco and depending on what day / time you are arriving it will vary. It should be around $40 but if you are in traffic it will go up. Weekends are a good time to arrive with not as much traffic as during the week. You can also take an airport shuttle to the major downtown hotels and take a cab from the hotel. Taxi from downtown to the pier should be around $10. Or you can take BART (subway system for around $5.00 (?)) downtown and again take a taxi.

I checked the web sites of a couple of hotels near Fisherman's Wharf and they all say that cab fare would be about $40.

One hotel mentioned the Super Shuttle and I checked the Super Shuttle web site and it says $15 for the first person and $8 for each additional to the pier.

You might want to give them a call. Their number is 415-558-8500.

Hi, wheretocruise,

We live in Millbrae, right near SFO. Is there a "group" going from the Bay Area, and do you get together in advance?

We're long-time cruisers, but have never been "hooked up" with any kind of group.

SF Cookie

Hi SF Cookie - I'm not sure if there is a "group" that gets together. I have been cruising for about 5 years on and off. I usually do not join the CC group on the ship since there is sooooo much to do and little time. Our next trip is in September on Diamond Princess to Alaska. What about you?

When I travel for business, it runs me $43 (including $5 tip) to the Park Hyatt. If the ship is docked near the stadium, as it sometimes does, your fare will be a little less, if it's over by Fisherman's Wharf where it more often is, it will be a bit more. I always get a nice view of the ship from my hotel. Makes me wishing I heading out to sea rather than heading to work.

Archived