Cova Cafe/Coffee Bar question

LHobbs

We were on the Constellation last Oct and are on the Infinity this Sept. I was curious about the coffee bar area. Just never managed to find out last year. Is there a charge for the pastries and desserts there? Also, is there a charge for the coffee drinks? Thanks

Linda

We were on the Constellation last Oct and are on the Infinity this Sept. I was curious about the coffee bar area. Just never managed to find out last year. Is there a charge for the pastries and desserts there? Also, is there a charge for the coffee drinks? Thanks

Linda

The bad news is that there's a charge for the coffee drinks. The exception is when you have such drinks delivered to a suite.

The worse news (for some people, anyway) is that all of those tasty pastries and cookies are free for the asking!:D

Your pictures are great and are making me hungry.

My favorites are those little custard-filled fruit tarts with the fresh berries on top and the butter-cookie style shell. Mmmmmm. If you're in a suite the snacky bits you get a tea-time look the same as what you can pick up yourself in the Cova Cafe.

Mom & I will have to make sure we get ourselves to the Cova Cafe next time we cruise (especially since we're not splurging for a suite). We've never stopped by Cova Cafe before and had no idea that's what they were putting out for all to enjoy. Wow, another excuse for eating on the boat. I swear we cruise just to dine like royalty for a week and not lift a finger to cook or clean, let alone having to go to the effort to research and pick places to eat or even transport ourselves there. Thank god for the gym or we'd each gain 15 pounds per trip rather than the 5 that we seem to average!!

My recollection from all the Cova Cafe's I have been on (almost all the ships) is that they can make a mean hot chocolate. The only place on the ship for a real hot chocolate. The great pastries that are FREE used to be one of the "Celebrity Secrets" but evidently not anymore. We will get room service in a suite, and I'll still sneak down for one of the almond croissants (I know, I should ask my butler for one....). Gotta do something for myself! The other great thing at Cova is the chocolate candy they give you with each specialty drink. You don't get those in the suites. Almost worth the $3.00!! Jeff

Archived