Port of Galveston parking lots

Dd992emo

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone use these lots? From reading various threads I see everyone using the private lots. The only reason I'm leaning toward the POG lot is free parking for disabled veterans. Are these lots okay?

I can say that I never heard anything bad about the Port of Galveston parking lots so if you can park there for free I say go for it.

We have always parked at the Port Of Galveston parking lot (many, many times) Never had an issue. It costs $70 for the week. Of course, it may have gone up since we last parked there. I think people go for the other private parking lots because they get a discount. And the bonus is that you get to park "free":)

• 2 weeks later...

The port of Galveston lots are good. They have a dedicated lot for each cruise so the high fenced lot is locked up after last car is in and not unlocked until cruise comes back. Only thing different is that you drop off luggage at terminal, go park car and then shuttle back to terminal. Upon cruise return you take shuttle to car and then come back and pick up luggage at terminal. Best if have two people.