Half Moon Cay Question Pls (Location)

JustCruiseMe

My sis 62 has just hurt her hip and her and hubby 70 leave this sat. They go to HMC and I was trying to tell them where to over to the beach but still be near the BBQ pavillion and the foot washing place. I can't remember exactly. Trying to keep them from having to walk as much. Can anyone help?

Well, I am not sure HOW much help I will be to you, but if they have a cabana, the higher numbers....starting with 9 or 10 are the quietest, and close to the buffet.

Also, I do know they have a golf cart that will take you to your cabana, so you don't have to make that trek down the beach.

I hope this helps, a LITTLE!:D:D

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE HMC!!!!!

It's pretty small. It's a short walk from the tender station to the beginning of the beach. The barbecue is a short walk from there. It will be really crowded at the beginning of the beach and thins as you go further down the beach. I know they have the transport for those in cabanas but when I was there it was more like a wagon, not that easy to get on or off of. I would check with the excursion desk while aboard for info on transport on HMC. Best for them to settle in the area between the buffet and the restrooms. Check out the private island post under Caribbean ports of call. There are some maps of the island there.

They should also have wheelchairs that work in the sand. I got one a few years ago when my hubby broke his leg. I parked him in the shade under a palm tree, got him a ice cold fruity drink and a big ole plate of food. He was happier than a pig in mud. I took off to snorkel for a little bit with his blessing. The only problem was when I got back, the sun had moved but hubby hadn't and he looked like a lobster in swim trunks. :eek:

They should also have wheelchairs that work in the sand. I got one a few years ago when my hubby broke his leg. I parked him in the shade under a palm tree, got him a ice cold fruity drink and a big ole plate of food. He was happier than a pig in mud. I took off to snorkel for a little bit with his blessing. The only problem was when I got back, the sun had moved but hubby hadn't and he looked like a lobster in swim trunks. :eek:

:D:D Almost spit my wine out on that last sentence!!!!! Hahahahahaha..

My DH and I (both 70) were at Half Moon Cay in Nov., absolutley beautiful! I too have a slight walking problem for any length due to my back. Although there are nice level paths thru the foliage it was a long way (to me) before we got to the restroom and bbq area. If you can afford it, as mentioned, rent a cabana and they will provide some transportation from the ship area to your cabana. The rest is on your own so get one close to these areas. Hope you can enjoy the ocean. The bottom is as cean and pristine as the beach. I definatley want to go back sometime!

Please note that they will transport you to your Cabana 'area'. However, many of the Cabanas can be down a steep embankment from the path area behind at the point where they drop you off.

I may be only a 20 or 25 foot walk, but could be tricky for someone with limited mobility.

That said, find a way to make it happen, HMC and cabanas are a slice of heaven.

Just there last week, they have wheelchairs available almost as soon as you get off the tender, with the jumbo wheels to make it through the sand. Not sure if they are free, or if you have to rent them, but I bet Carnival could tell you. Surely a gentleman would help to get her somewhere she could settle. I would! Best of luck!

Just there last week, they have wheelchairs available almost as soon as you get off the tender, with the jumbo wheels to make it through the sand. Not sure if they are free, or if you have to rent them, but I bet Carnival could tell you. Surely a gentleman would help to get her somewhere she could settle. I would! Best of luck!

One would hope, but it seems there aren't very many of you left.

Thank you. They should be arriving at the port parking about now but I did tell them to go and speak with Carnival. It's not like she can't walk a little, like over the dune but the long walk from the tender she couldn't do.

On the paved walkway/road that runs behind the cabanas you will see a open air courtesy shuttle bus that runs back and forth from the tender area to the back side of the island in a loop. Just tell them to hop on that to get over to the tender dock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkyta9a2a2.jpg

Edited by CBuzzy