Any Success Reporting Poor Service?

Leo Jay

A few people seem to have had their cruise experiences tarnished by rude or inadequately attentive on-board staff. Has anyone had any success with reporting these issues immediately to the appropriate on-board personnel and having it addressed to your satisfaction?

Adjusting the tip downward is fine as a last resort, but I'd rather have the problem addressed right away and have reason to be especially generous at the end of my cruise.

No luck for us. Read my "Tipping" thread to see my story. DH & I left long notes to Carnival and never got a reply. I took it in my own hands and decreased the waiter's tip. We even talked to the purser and got nowhere. Strange thing was, our other tablemates complained as well, so it wasn't just us.

This past week on the Triumph, I had 3 conversations with the purser's desk (including one with the chief purser), two with the Maitre D', one with the F&B Manager, and one with the Housekeeping manager, and only one tiny issue was ever resolved. I have a long, detailed letter that I'm sitting on for a couple days so I can re-read it when I've settled down to polish it up before I send it.

Luckily, I have never experienced poor service; however, I have found a post-cruise letter to Carnival about any issues on our cruise to Carnival results in not only in an aplogy, but usually also in a discount on a future cruise even when I specify I am not looking for anything.

We also have forwarded a letter (email) to Carnival with some comments intended to simply advise them of a couple of (honestly) minor issues we encountered on our Conquest trip. We also indicated we were NOT looking for compensation.....ending up getting a 50% reduce in next cruise. Now we were not so dumb as to not take the discount ... Point is Carnival can and often is very generous when approached with the right attitude.

Archived