Atlantis via Comfort Suites review

LarryLegend

As promised here is my full review of our experience visiting Atlantis via the Comfort Suites last week.

We booked through Resort For A Day. a room through Resort for a Day at the Comfort Suites which as you all know gives you FULL access to the Atlantis. Our family was on the Norwegian Breakaway which by the way I highly recommend!

We were able to quickly grab a cab at the port and the Comfort Suites was less than 10 mines away. Total cost was $16 each way for our family of 4 ($4 per person) and we 7-10 minute cab ride from the port and it is $4 per person each way.

We arrived at the Comfort Suites and we’re greeted by extremely friendly staff. Both the lobby and the room seemed to have been renovated since the last time we were there. There was one only family checking in before us who had also come from the ship. They were not aware of the Resort For a Day option and had booked directly, and on the walkover, their price was about $100 more than what we paid. I think I made a convert!

The rest of check – in was quick and easy to receive our pink cards that gives you access to Atlantis. Due to school vacation week, the hotel was full and the room wasn't ready until later in the day so we headed right over to Atlantis. From the backdoor of the hotel, it is maybe a 100 yard walk to the Atlantis.

I have been to Atlantis a few times and this was the busiest I have seen it due to school vacation week but crowds were still more than manageable. Of course the first things the kids wanted to do was the slides so we located one of the towels/ activity huts and got them wrist bands.

We found some chairs by a pool near the not-so-lazy river and relaxed while the kids ran around. Every parent should enjoy seeing their kids as happy as mine were.

We just did burgers and fries at the snack bar. Food was a little on the pricey side but not unexpected. Kids had fun checking out The Dig aquarium and we walked over to where they do the dolphin swim and watched for a bit.

In the afternoon my wife took my daughter back to the hotel and got the room to rest and get out of the sun while the my son and I hit the larger slides.

When it was time to go, the bellman at the Comfort Suites was able to call us a cab from the taxi stand which took all of 30 seconds to arrive.

The whole day could not have been more perfect and was the easily the best excursion of our trip. While we love cruising we are very tempted to book a vacation at the Comfort Suites in the future.

Thanks for the review. Any idea of how the Atlantis crowds are around mid-June? We are heading over on the Carnival Liberty and will be spending the day on the island. Do I need to worry about availability of the water park or the lines at the slides? We've got a group of 11, so I think 3 rooms at the Comfort Suites would be a good deal. Thanks!

Thanks for the review. Any idea of how the Atlantis crowds are around mid-June? We are heading over on the Carnival Liberty and will be spending the day on the island. Do I need to worry about availability of the water park or the lines at the slides? We've got a group of 11, so I think 3 rooms at the Comfort Suites would be a good deal. Thanks!

I think the general rule is that if schools are in session, it won't be that crowded but if school is out, expect a crowd. In mid-June most of the schools, at least in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic are still in session. Even being there during a peak week was not bad, just a contrast to other times I was at the resort during off peak weeks and it felt like you had the place to yourself.

For the 3 rooms, check out the resortforaday pricing. It saved us about $100 vs. booking direct and that was just for a single room.

Did you happen to notice the operating hours for the Atlantic Aquaventure waterpark? Our November cruise is set to dock in Nassau at 1:30PM. Weighing the options of whether to purchase the passes for such a truncated visit.

Did you happen to notice the operating hours for the Atlantic Aquaventure waterpark? Our November cruise is set to dock in Nassau at 1:30PM. Weighing the options of whether to purchase the passes for such a truncated visit.

During the summer months, the waterpark opens at 10am and closes around 6:30/7pm Pools close at 7.

In the fall/ winter/ spring, the water park opens at 10am and closes at 5pm.

It get's dark early in the winter months. End of November may be closer to 4:40pm.

We are on the Dream in July and scheduled to be docked from 7a-5p.

Sounds like from your review that will be plenty of time. Thanks for posting, makes it all that more exciting.

I think the general rule is that if schools are in session, it won't be that crowded but if school is out, expect a crowd. In mid-June most of the schools, at least in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic are still in session. Even being there during a peak week was not bad, just a contrast to other times I was at the resort during off peak weeks and it felt like you had the place to yourself.

For the 3 rooms, check out the resortforaday pricing. It saved us about $100 vs. booking direct and that was just for a single room.

Thanks for the info Larry. Can't wait!

Are most of the slides too scary for a 7 year old who is 49 inches?

dna529 - My son is about a year older than your child. We stayed away from a couple of the slides that had the biggest drops (leap of faith, the abyss) but did many of the others. (For the record, I was just fine with that!) We started on the challenger slides which are bigger than the kid's waterpark slides and let you go side by side before working our way up a bit. I think you guys should be fine.