Is anybody going on N602 - Family Funtime

luvvin_u_2

Hi Dan

Glad to hear you had a good Christmas & New Year. Hope you get on line again before you go. I want to wish everyone on your cruise a good trip but it's still a bit early. Probably about Friday.

Karen

Hey Karen,

Yeah Ill be around on these boards I'm back from my brothers place in Newcastle now, so im just chilling at home trying not to spend any money between now and sunday when we leave, which is proving hard as I've just arranged dinner and lunch with a few people in the next couple of days..

Counting the hours now!!

about 97 hours till boarding!!

Count wait, the time has absolutely flown since i started my holidays on xmas eve.

Talk to you soon,

Dan

What no island night?!!! Isn't that why we cruise, to buy silly grass skirts and coconut bras from the villages to wear on the ship. I mean where else are we going to wear them.

Sorry, but I can't remember if you are male/female. I remember you are young. Females could wear: sandshoes with white foldover ankle socks, fitted tshirt, a full skirt, scarf round neck and their hair in a ponytail if long. Boys umm. jeans and white tshirt with jacket? Combed up hair?

i just called p&o to find out the theme nights!! 2 formal nights, pj night, country n western, rock n roll, n superhero.No island night:mad: :mad:

what do i wear for rock n roll?? lol this sucks

It sounds very strange that they wouldn't have an Island night - that's one of the best nights on the cruise.

Hardly anyone dressed up for the Country & Western night on our cruise June, although the show in the Terraces Lounge that night was a hoot. The game of "I bang you, you go down" was hillarious.

Even fewer people dressed up for the Super Hero night or the Rock and Roll Night.

Kym

it certainly would be a shame to have no island night as everyone else has said it is the best night. One that everyone dresses up for, even the kids.

the whole family can have a ton of fun dancing on the deck. Better practise nutbush, chicken dance and conga and all those other "fun" dances that get pulled out at weddings.

On our cruise as others have said not many dressed up for the other nights. I took a red bandana (for around the neck check out $2 shops)which can be used for western and rock and roll. Lots of teenagegirls had those bright cowboy type hats that are popular now. They sell them on board. If you are skinny wear some lycra tights and high heels and t shirt-think olivia newton john in grease..

Just reading other thread and i do hope you are female if not disreagrd last comment although dan,not so sure ,i think he could carry it off!!!!

For superhero, again $2 shop had little bits of dressup stuff. wear same lycra tights with bikini bottoms on top and black cape.actually i just bought pink tshirt in target with superman "S" on front for $5 which would be great.

I was actually thinking of doing a take on superman and doing "supermum" sort of daggy superman, doll under arm etc.face cream messy hair

just have fun and if you dont dress up you wont feel left out as all.

karon

what no island night!

I have my sarong and hawaiin shirt ready. Not to mention me lei.

Im packing it just in case!

I bet they change there minds!

See you Sunday Luvvin!

Dan

Dan i think there were more men in grass skirts and shell bra tops than there were women.

You could wear your emsemble for superhero night, maybe you and brother can do tarzan and jane . PLEASE< PLEASE take lots of photos for us all here!!!!

Suey,

I resisted the temptation for a joke when I mentioned my Lei.... Glad someone else was there to do it for me!! :-P

As for the grass skirt... I wanted to do that last time but I was talked out of it... Who knows we'll see how drunk I get!!

Cheers,

Dan

No island night!!! that is like a cruise with no water. For some of us it is the only chance of a 'lei' aboard ship (oops sorry!) :)

On Pacific Sun I even got a fresh lei aboard ship :p

We'd been at Wala on the day of the Island Party on Pacific Sun, and we'd been given a natural lei by one of the locals, and I was able to keep it fresh enough (just) to wear to dinner. Unfortunately it didn't survive to make it to the party - I swapped it for the plastic one I'd brought from home by then.

Kym

thanks peoples.. great ideas 4 the nights.. for country western im not doin anythin special just bought an awesome black rip curl kinda cow boy hat that curls at the sides mum picked it i love it!

4 rock n roll night i'll check out wats 4 sale in the shop but i'll wear tight kinda 3/4 things sum sorta top lol

im thinkin super hero night i'll buy another pirate hat n sword.. already got a batman singlet top from the last cruise..

wish they had island night so much! hope they change their mind!! that was the best night, great atmosphere!! i love wearin the grass skirt, bikini, n other stuff, its way cheap too! boys i was friends wif last time wore the grass skirts n drew palm trees on each other hehe

i hope other people dress up wif me.. my bf wont:( hes too 'cool' lol.. have a great night everyone!!

I rang P&O today and asked about different things. One of them was the theme nights. This time they said that they only decide 48hrs prior to sailing what they will be but lately they have been, 2 formal, country & Western, pj and Superhero. When I said what no island night they stated it was a party not a theme night.

So if this person does happen to know what they are talking about then there may still be an island night.

i was told these were the theme nights we were going to have:confused:

as for the island night thing the girl said we werent going to have one.. i really hope she was just stupid lol.. i said "so theres no island night" and she said "no these are the only ones"... its good when u get somebody helpful but other times it sucks

hopefully dan!!

i wanna get all dressed up hehe.. i so cant wait!! this time in a couple of nights i'll just be finished dinner probably.. starting to drink again!! they better have melon cruisers on there:p

Which dinner sitting are you doing??

We are second...

Excitment is really building now!!

Started packing this afternoon.

I'm loading songs for the trip...

Dan

2nd sitting

hehe hows packing, i started 2 days ago.. wont finish packing until sunday morning though.. keep getting changed too much!

ive got awesome pink speakers for my ipod lovin it!

if i happen 2 run into u.. dnt tell my bf i talk on an internet website, he'll put **** on me n say im tryin 2 pick up lol

2nd sitting

hehe hows packing, i started 2 days ago.. wont finish packing until sunday morning though.. keep getting changed too much!

ive got awesome pink speakers for my ipod lovin it!

if i happen 2 run into u.. dnt tell my bf i talk on an internet website, he'll put **** on me n say im tryin 2 pick up lol

you wont be finished dinner by 9.30 doing second sitting... we finsihed at 10 or 10.30 most nights.

I wouldnt say anythign... besides I dont even know your name.. so unless I meet you and you introduce yourself as Luvvin_U_2 (which i dont think you will) i wont recognise you...

but if you decide to introduce yourself, I'll shout you a drink!

Packing is going well... just have my formal stuff and dress shirts to put in which i wont do until sunday morning.

What time are you planing on getting to the terminal?

Dan

I'm on N603 when you guys get off so have a great time guys and remember to wave when you are heading home.

When I went on Sky in '04 the Island and PJ nights were not considered theme nights as they apply top the party in the disco rather than what you wear to dinner.

On N603 the theme nights are retro (70's) and country and western though our tickets definitely confirmed an island night. We have also packed new PJs. You don't want the saggies when you are bopping around the disco!!!

Once again, HAVE FUN!!!

i'll prob skip dessert most nights anyways so i'll get out a bit earlier..

we'll prob run into one another without realising lol

going to get fake tan and nails soon hehe, hope its great weather out there..

getting to the terminal bout 12.. we can embark from 1 i think

jessica3152, have a great time.. dance all night:p

Ok i called P&O and checked out the theme night situation.

She said.

The Theme nights are Rock and Roll, Country and western, and super hero/fancy dress.

She also said there are two party nights. Island and PJ.

as well as 2 formal nights.

So the island night is on!!

Dan

Archived