G&L Roll Call Celebrity Reflection Transatlantic October 17, 2014

Hello all!

Apparently no one has started a G&L roll call for Reflection's Fall 2014 Westbound Transatlantic from Rome to Miami, departing Oct. 17, so I will. I have booked an AQ1 on the Penthouse deck for this cruise, which will be my 3rd T/A on the Reflection, my favorite ship in the fleet. As per usual, I am travelling solo.

The T/A's usually have a large gay contingent on board, hopefully this one will too! Who else is coming along?? :D

Randy

AndersonIslander

Edited by AndersonIslander

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hello all!

Apparently no one has started a G&L roll call for Reflection's Fall 2014 Westbound Transatlantic from Rome to Miami, departing Oct. 17, so I will. I have booked an AQ1 on the Penthouse deck for this cruise, which will be my 3rd T/A on the Reflection, my favorite ship in the fleet. As per usual, I am travelling solo.

The T/A's usually have a large gay contingent on board, hopefully this one will too! Who else is coming along?? :D

Randy

AndersonIslander

Hi Randy!

Hope your sailing is wonderful I miss the Reflection since our 2013 TA but decided to do the 16 Day Constellation westbound TA departing from Rome on 05-Nov-2014. I look forward to going back on the Reflection someday soon.

Walter & Iain

Hi Randy!

Hope your sailing is wonderful I miss the Reflection since our 2013 TA but decided to do the 16 Day Constellation westbound TA departing from Rome on 05-Nov-2014. I look forward to going back on the Reflection someday soon.

Walter & Iain

Hey Walter!! Great to hear from you. Will miss you on the Reflection, but you and Iain have a FAB time on the Connie!!

Randy

Anyone leaving Rome airport on October 16th going to the port. There are two of us looking to share a car

Sorry, I'm arriving on the 16th, but staying that night at the Hilton Garden Inn the airport (FCO) and then using a car service to the port probably around 11AM. I could probably share with others if interested and are arriving at the airport by that time on Friday. I can also recommend a great car service I have used several times in Rome and to the Port, it's American owned and I've always had a great experience with them. It is Bob's Limos. You can Google Bob's Limos Rome.

Welcome Flemming & Klaus. Not sure if the others are still with us. I am sure we will spot each other once onboard. Looking forward to possibly having drinks together.

Michael & Peter

Hey Michael and Peter. (and Flemming & Klaus). For me at least, yeah I've been busy with other stuff, but definitely still going and looking forward to the cruise, the drinks, and seeing you all on board!

Perhaps we can agree on a meeting place and time if you like. The Reflection also usually posts on a bulletin board adjacent to Customer Relations an almost nightly "LGBT Gathering" (used to be called Friends of Dorothy but a few cruises of mine back, some friends persuaded the Cruise Director that that designation was outdated--and sometimes they have been persuaded to post that in the daily schedule delivered to every cabin). However, my experience has been that it is often not scheduled at the most convenient of times, and that typically the LGBT crowd kind of sets it's de-facto meeting time and place (lots of times that is either Sunset Bar or Martini Bar). I've been on several Celebrity Transatlantics (three last year alone) and usually there is a substantial LGBT presence.

Sometimes we have worn mardi gras beads to the sail away at Sunset Bar the evening of embarkation, but a few straights sometimes do that too, although that's certainly not a problem...lol

Any thoughts anyone? :D

Randy

First time on an S-Class ship, so not sure what would be a good option for sailaway. Sunset Bar sounds great to me. Pretty sure it´s easy to spot each other there.

Not sure where and when we will be going for dinner that night, so sailaway drinks would be preferred from my side on day 1.

I know about the boards and will check them for a possible LGBT get-together time as well.

Have a nice weekend

Michael

First time on an S-Class ship, so not sure what would be a good option for sailaway. Sunset Bar sounds great to me. Pretty sure it´s easy to spot each other there.

Not sure where and when we will be going for dinner that night, so sailaway drinks would be preferred from my side on day 1.

I know about the boards and will check them for a possible LGBT get-together time as well.

Have a nice weekend

Michael

Sunset Bar is usually packed for sailaway, and Reflection has the best Sunset bar in the fleet, with a larger, deeper deck and a sunken bar in a reverse orientation from typical allowing much more focus on the view to the rear of the ship. (ie, you can even sit at the bar and still be looking out over the wake )

As far as easy to find each other, I suppose with good Gaydar, we will have a good chance...lol but it IS usually VERY busy at 1st sailaway. The Mardi Gras beads or other identifier can be very helpful if everyone would like to attempt that, and typically on the REGULAR cruise critic roll call, someone takes signups for name tags and makes them up and they're often distributed right at that sailaway or occasionally at a table set up somewhere. Have you signed up to the regular roll call yet? I haven't but will.

FYI, I'm often rather easy to spot if I'm standing as I am 6'6" tall...lol.

For those interested, this cruise is supposed to have a truly extraordinary shore excursion in St. Maarten, which I've heard raves about. It is the America's Cup Sailing Regatta, where you actually sail on one of three actual winning America's Cup Racing Yachts (one of them is the very famous "Stars and Stripes" ) either as a minor crew person if you want or just a passenger during the race for fun against the other two boats. Most of the comments about it are in the vein of "best shore excursion ever!" etc. And it's only $96.

I've already purchased it on the Celebrity website, and am looking forward to it....I actually saw a couple of the actual for real America's Cup races last Sept when I was onboard the Solstice for the America's Cup cruise which docked 2 nights in San Francisco and from Sunset Bar we had the best view of the races in the entire Bay (even better than the high priced VIP spectator stands, whose view we significantly blocked! LOL).

Think you'll love the S-Class. They are truly spectacular.

Only two months or less till we all leave for Italy! YAAAAY!

Randy

Hi Randy,

thank´s for the reply and hint towards the St Maarten excursion. Sounds really great, it never really got my attention before.

However, we already booked a private excursion with Captain Bob Cass called "St Maarten snorkel & beach excursion".

I did not sign for the regular roll call, to be honest I have nothing to say to the other people and find the meeting quite useless (and always timed badly). Have done it twice in the past and won´t do it again.

I see your point regarding the sunset bar, I´d still be willing to give it a try for sailaway. My gaydar usually works fine and in case we do not meet then, well I am sure we will during the following days. I will definitely not wear a hat or anything else with a name on it... That´s unless it´s an Atlantis cruise and/or a theme night ;-)

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

With only two weeks to go, I am a little surprised that we've had so little activity on this board. I've been on many Celebrity TA's and there has always been a substantial LGBT contingent.

BUT, has everyone taken note that our last night of the cruise is the highest of all gay holidays, HALLOWEEN?

Is everyone planning to bring at least some sort of accouterments to honor this most important of days on the gay calendar? :D

Looking forward to seeing you all onboard!

Randy