Group dining for 8

We booked a cruise for June and there will be 8 of us going. I'm having a dilema on dining options...my husband and I usaually do YTD and really enjoy it.

With a group of this size I wondering if we will run into some issues like having to wait awhile for a table, will we be seated together of we do YTD? Any and all advise is greatly appreciated.

We booked a cruise for June and there will be 8 of us going. I'm having a dilema on dining options...my husband and I usaually do YTD and really enjoy it.

With a group of this size I wondering if we will run into some issues like having to wait awhile for a table, will we be seated together of we do YTD? Any and all advise is greatly appreciated.

I've never done YTD with that big of a group, but I would bet that it's going to be hard to get a table for 8. YTD works for smaller groups, but not sure it'd work with 8 people. My advice would be to chose a set dining time, that way you know you'll all sit together at dinner.

Hopefully some others that have experience with a large dining group will chime in and help more than I can.

You will be able to get a table that size, just realize that you may have to wait for a bit during some times for it to happen. So, what you can do is have someone who gets ready quicker, go down and get in the line and let them know there is a party of 8. Then, hopefully when the rest of the group gets there, the table will be ready.

Steve

We cruised on the Valor in April with a group of 8. We had YTD, and never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a table.

Good to know! We have a group of 8 going on the Valor in a few weeks and are trying YTD for the first time!

We cruised on the Valor in April with a group of 8. We had YTD, and never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a table.

We have cruised 3 times with party of 8 and YTD and have had the same as above. I believe we have only had to wait maybe one night on each cruise.