Online Check in

I have to say all these new processes are quite stressful before going on Holiday.

We have paid to select our seats. I understand that we will be able to "Check in " on-line 14 days before we sail and then be able to print out boarding passes.

So what do you do when you arrive at the Airport? Do you still go to the "Check-in " desks so that they can label your cases and take them off you?

Thanks

Yes, you still go to the check in desks or they may say "drop off" for those who have checked in on line.

When I travelled over Easter, there were Thomson representatives there at the airports to guide you.

At Newcastle airport they gave us new 'card' boarding passes even though we had the paper ones printed at the TA. The reason given? The paper ones were not scanning very well!

Yes you have to take your luggage to the drop off desk where they still do the usual ticket/passport checks. I couldn't see the point of online check in on the way out but on our return everyone that had checked in online were given priority boarding.

Thanks, so it seems that we still have too "check in" even after "checking in" online.

Like you say I cannot see the point. Never mind I will just do as requested so there are no problems at the airport.

Cheers

John,

We also paid and pre booked our seats and checked in online.Checking in online is the final confirmation of your pre booked seats,until you do so your seats are not confirmed and just turning up at the airport with your seat receipt to check in it won't be accepted as final confirmation

John,

We also paid and pre booked our seats and checked in online.Checking in online is the final confirmation of your pre booked seats,until you do so your seats are not confirmed and just turning up at the airport with your seat receipt to check in it won't be accepted as final confirmation

Jim, I have pre-booked our seats too and when I didn't receive the automatic confirmation I emailed Thomson to ask why and was told they are having "technical issues" that doesn't send out the confirmation of booked seats. They did confirm my seats on the same email for both flights and assured me the check-in staff would be told. They aslo said there was no need to check in online but I may do it just for the hell of it.

my OH has just returned from TA to book cruise on the dream 7th june, we like to go early morning flight, the flight at 13.45 was £714, the early flight was £700extra for early flight extra !!!! from manchester :mad::mad: was used to paying £60/70 extra for early flights before, but never this much, the TA said she couldnt understand it either, i phoned another TA (not thompson) same info, she said £400 extra approx, has anyone heard of this before, and is there anyone going on this cruise, PALMA |on the dream, nice to put face to name, thanks for any info, the advice given on here is second to none !!

my OH has just returned from TA to book cruise on the dream 7th june, we like to go early morning flight, the flight at 13.45 was £714, the early flight was £700extra for early flight extra !!!! from manchester :mad::mad: was used to paying £60/70 extra for early flights before, but never this much, the TA said she couldnt understand it either, i phoned another TA (not thompson) same info, she said £400 extra approx, has anyone heard of this before, and is there anyone going on this cruise, PALMA |on the dream, nice to put face to name, thanks for any info, the advice given on here is second to none !!

That is extortionate. I wouldn't be paying that. Surely this can't be another way to make money, to charge a huge supplement or get rubbish flight times?????

Jim, I have pre-booked our seats too and when I didn't receive the automatic confirmation I emailed Thomson to ask why and was told they are having "technical issues" that doesn't send out the confirmation of booked seats.

Mmm,

John when we initially pre booked our seats online similar happened to us and had to give them a call then received 5 email receipts of booking/seats

They did confirm my seats on the same email for both flights and assured me the check-in staff would be told. They aslo said there was no need to check in online but I may do it just for the hell of it.

When we checked in online received another 5 emails,this time confirming our seats.The reason I checked in online(actually got the TA to do it)was due to the small print on our email receipt for our bookings

"It’s really important you check in online to confirm your seating requests. This receipt won’t be accepted by airport check-in staff as final confirmation of your seat number. "

Edited by Jim The Scot

John,

Hi Jim,

Thanks, I have had booking confirmation for pre booked seats and when I log on to the Thomson "extra" portal I can see my seats as reserved but cannot "check in " yet. I think I have to wait 14 days before departing.

I will do so ASAP.

All this is stressful :(:(

I prefered it when it used to be very simple before computers came along and you received a nice printed booklet with all you tickets in.

Hi John,

Thats correct 14 days before departing for online check in for those with pre booked seats,7 days for those that haven`t.Your seat numbers(confirmed) will be on your boarding pass when you print them off

Like you John,old school,much preferred and a lot simpler with the printed booklet.