Family in suite and inside room

jesathome

When we booked our cruise, we booked 3 people in a suite and 2 family members across the hall in an inside room. Our TA asked NCL to "attach" the rooms. Does that mean they will be able to embark with us, go to breakfast at Cagney's with us, etc.? Wondering what to expect. TIA :confused:

I was told by our cruise consultant to ask nicely and maybe....My boyfriend and i are cruising with combined kids, (five of them under 21), we booked a 2 bedroom suite and the adjoining mini suite...We couldnt book 2 suites, they had to adjoin cause of the ages....I asked if the could embark with us (we are using the same CC for all of us) and need to be together, my consultant from NCL said to ask and maybe they would let us board together in the suite line (we are getting there very early so maybe we will be able to). So i will let you know when we get back on may 23.

They should be able to board with you, but most likely will not be able to go to Cagney's for breakfast and lunch with you. Only those actually booked in the suite will get the suite perks.

Generally, no. Booked in the suite= get suite perks. Not booked in the suite= no suite perks.

Some have reported on here that asking the concierge and/or HD may garner some of those perks but as a general rule the perks are only for those that have paid to stay in the suite.

The above answers are correct - generally it's a "no", but there are exceptions made sometimes. Chances are better if the extra pax are children in a connecting cabin (the younger the better) and the suites are not full with families (meaning that there is enough space in Cagney's for a few extra). If you are sailing with your kids in mostly a suite, with the overflow in a connected cabin, and it's not a school holiday, you have a good chance. If you're sailing with your sister and brother-in-law in non-connecting cabins during Christmas break, probably not. A friendly concierge and Hotel Director make all the difference as well, as does the level of suite you have booked.

Back in the days when most suites slept only 2 and the Family Villas slept only 5, we sailed on the Pearl with four under 18 year olds. The only arrangements that worked for the six of us were either the GV (sold out) or the Family Villa and connected mini-suite or the forward OS connected to both the Forward Suite and a balcony (making a large three bedroom suite). We booked the OS/Forward Suite/Balcony combo with two in each room (pricing out more than the six of us in the GV for a similar sailing). We were not expecting to be able to share the suite benefits for our daughters booked in the Balcony cabin and didn't even ask, but the concierge graciously offered for our daughters to join us in Cagney's. We only dined there twice during the trip so as to not take advantage, but it was nice to be able to dine together in such a nice venue. So it absolutely does happen sometimes, but shouldn't be automatically expected. Of course, the kids were not allowed to share the Haven benefit, but that was oerfectly fine with us!!

Check-in is usually not a problem.

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

If the all the kids were to come with us to Cagneys, it would only be on the first day, after check in. I explained to them that the 3 of them booked in the mini-suite wouldnt be able to go to Cagneys and they could care less. Most of them wont wake up in time for the breakfast, and there are so many options for lunch it wouldnt matter.....

We were in a suite last year and the only time we had lunch in Cagneys was after we checked in, while waiting for our luggage to be sent up. We did have breakfast there a couple of times.

If the all the kids were to come with us to Cagneys, it would only be on the first day, after check in. I explained to them that the 3 of them booked in the mini-suite wouldnt be able to go to Cagneys and they could care less. Most of them wont wake up in time for the breakfast, and there are so many options for lunch it wouldnt matter.....

We were in a suite last year and the only time we had lunch in Cagneys was after we checked in, while waiting for our luggage to be sent up. We did have breakfast there a couple of times.

That's exactly the way we feel about it - we hardly ever make it to lunch and prefer our breakfast by room service for whomever is awake, the rest fend for themselves. It is very nice, though, to have that embarkation lunch all together though.. Enjoy!!

Robin

That's exactly the way we feel about it - we hardly ever make it to lunch and prefer our breakfast by room service for whomever is awake, the rest fend for themselves. It is very nice, though, to have that embarkation lunch all together though.. Enjoy!!

Robin

Thank you, Robin!! I cant wait!!

No kids. Ages for these two rooms are 63 - 90. My two aunts will be in inside cabin. We will work it out and I am sure we will all have a good time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have a similar situation. My husband and I have 4 kids. Two are fairly big (20 and 15 at the time of the cruise) and 2 are smaller. I decided to book a Have Penthouse Aft Suite with a connecting balcony cabin on the Getaway. The only option that will fit all of us is the Haven 2 bedroom but it seems cramped so I chose the connecting option. I was told to call the concierge ahead of time to see if we could arrange Suite checkin and Haven access for the 2 in the balcony cabin since we are a family of 6. I am hoping for the best but expecting the worst and will adapt either way. 😄

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app