Passport Info?????

Muumuu

Still waiting for our local passport office to return my call with a few questions I have. So I am going to the best source and that is this board.

1. Is renewing a childs passport like obtaining a new one for them?

2. Is the price going up any time soon?

Cannot find this on the govt passport web site.

Thank you

Still waiting for our local passport office to return my call with a few questions I have. So I am going to the best source and that is this board.

1. Is renewing a childs passport like obtaining a new one for them?

2. Is the price going up any time soon?

Cannot find this on the govt passport web site.

Thank you

All this information IS on the site.

Looks like you have to re-apply in person to renew a child's passport. I'm guessing this is because children change so much that the photo might not be good for idenification.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/renew/renew_833.html

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/minors/minors_834.html

I didn't see anything on the site about if the price is going up soon.

here is the wesite for the US www.travel.state.gov The National Passport Information Center toll-free number is 1-877-487-2778 We renewed our passports by mail. Had to send old passport with a new picture (Walmart does passport pictures) along with $67 for each passport. It has been almost 4 weeks since we mailed them. Still haven't gotton our passports yet. They say 4-6 weeks, but we leave in 3 weeks, so I guess I will be giving them a call

Hope the info helps

Cheri

This is the first time we will be traveling with passports - we have always used birth certificates in the past. Do we need to have any other documentation if we have passports?

As far as I know if you have passports that is all you need. That is all we have ever carried with us except for driver's license of coarse.

cheri

This is the first time we will be traveling with passports - we have always used birth certificates in the past. Do we need to have any other documentation if we have passports?

No..

Opps, misread your post. Sorry, I thought you were asking if you needed anything else besides birth certificates to get a passport- Sorry, I need to learn to read!:o

Archived