Credit Card limit.

Caboose07

One of our group is paying cash for everything. She is required to open an account and post $700 towards purchases.

If I use a credit card, does the cruise line require a certain amount of credit on the card for me to use it. I only have a $1000 credit line and I am sailing with my wife and adult son. The card will cover all three of us.:confused:

One of our group is paying cash for everything. She is required to open an account and post $700 towards purchases.

If I use a credit card, does the cruise line require a certain amount of credit on the card for me to use it. I only have a $1000 credit line and I am sailing with my wife and adult son. The card will cover all three of us.:confused:

I don't think they REQUIRE anything for onboard purchases (if that's what you are talking about) Those amours are recommendation. Your friend can give cash for her onboard purchases.

Your friend does not need to post up $700, no matter what NCL.com says. She can deposit a hundred or two to open the account. The ship will simply stop accepting charges when she reaches the limit. She can keep track of her onboard account and add more cash as necessary.

As for you and your credit card, you will be fine. They will pre-auth the card when you open the account, and pre-auth it again as the previous auth amount is approached. Simply inquire as to what they are pre-authing the card for.

A couple ways you can reduce the anticipated amount of your onboard accounts include pre-paying your service charges, pre-paying any speciality dining reservations you might enjoy, and pre-purchasing onboard credit from NCL through NCL.com.

Edited by triptolemus

I was on the breakaway in March. I used my debit card. They told me they were putting a hold of $300 for a 7 night cruise. I check when we arrived I port canaveral and there was no hold on my card. On Tuesday after my cruise my total charge was taken out. I had no problem whatsoever.