Pre-Cruise Hotel in San Juan

AphroditesPhd

Greetings!

Its my first day here and Im looking for guidance with securing a hotel prior to a cruise in Sept. this year. Flying in the day before the cruise.

Here are the variables.

I'm the unofficial guide.

9 of us cruising. (4 out of the 9 have cruised before)

2 are 70 and 78 year old women (very slow in walking)

2 are 12 and 13 year old rambunctious boys

5 are 26 - 55 yr. old women.

I am looking for a hotel that keeps us all together and is close proximity to the pier. We arrive at 7:00p so the day will be over. I want a pool for the boys and a place for the elders to rest awhile. I'd like to stay at an EMBASSY SUITES (for adjoining rooms), but the one I found seemed far away from the Old San Juan Pier (Carnival). I read the reviews on the Sheraton on different sites and they were not impressive. A block is too far to walk for the older mature ladies. Have any suggestions for this mixed group? how to keep us all together without shuttles. I'm sure I will need some alcohol by the end of the day!

Greetings!

Its my first day here and Im looking for guidance with securing a hotel prior to a cruise in Sept. this year. Flying in the day before the cruise.

Here are the variables.

I'm the unofficial guide.

9 of us cruising. (4 out of the 9 have cruised before)

2 are 70 and 78 year old women (very slow in walking)

2 are 12 and 13 year old rambunctious boys

5 are 26 - 55 yr. old women.

I am looking for a hotel that keeps us all together and is close proximity to the pier. We arrive at 7:00p so the day will be over. I want a pool for the boys and a place for the elders to rest awhile. I'd like to stay at an EMBASSY SUITES (for adjoining rooms), but the one I found seemed far away from the Old San Juan Pier (Carnival). I read the reviews on the Sheraton on different sites and they were not impressive. A block is too far to walk for the older mature ladies. Have any suggestions for this mixed group? how to keep us all together without shuttles. I'm sure I will need some alcohol by the end of the day!

When in Sept are you sailing? We are on the 14th

The Sheraton Old San Juan is really the only hotel close to the pier.... actually depends on what line you are going on. If Carnival that is the one to stay at for close proximity if Celebrity or Princess Or Royal... I think they all leave from the Pan American pier across the bay and I am not sure of the closest hotel then. Just find a hotel you like and use a taxi to drop you at the pier.

The Sheraton is a great location to even walk to the ship. But sounds like not everyone will be able to walk with their luggage. Maybe close to the pier isn't what you should do. I would stay at he Sheraton or plaza De Armas (both have elevators) if I wanted to walk to the ship or explore OSJ. Otherwise, grab a hotel at name your own price in Carolina by the airport. Or Isla Verde. If your cruise doesn't leave until late the next night then you can relax at the pool or beach. My experience is you will not find large luxurious pools in OSJ. Sheraton pool is very small.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

• 5 weeks later...