Time to get to Port Canaveral

I am interested in the answer to that as well. We are ALSO cruising on the Glory on August 6th. We are driving down from North Carolina. A while back I remember someone asking this and someone replied that either get there before 11:00 or after 2:00. Folks said that in between those times it was quite busy. Would love to hear from recent Glory cruisers if this is still the case.

We're also on the same cruise! We plan to get drooped off at the Port by 11:30 am because of what other posters have said -- either get there early or get there later in the afternoon because mid-way is a zoo. If you are driving you need to plan for the time to get into the parking garage.

we will b on the glory 09/10/2005 &we will spend the nite @cocoa beach, leave our car there @take shuttle to port. u r there, Don't have to pay to parkyour car @pier ($10per day) we do thjis often now. cuts out the hassel. we will drive from lake wylie to cocoa on fri.

In March, I arrived at about 11:30 or 12:00. It worked out pretty well ... we had to wait in line for about 15 minutes, and by the that time, groups were being let aboard the ship. Another 15 minutes of queing and picture taking, and I was aboard.

We are also coming down from NC too. We have sailed out of Port Canaveral on Disney, RCI and CCL (Fascination) but every cruise leaves at a different times and I was surprised when I actually took the time to look at my doc's that we leave at 4:00 pm. It seems we have never left before 5:00 pm but hey I am not complaining. Lets go! We have always stayed at the Radisson. I love to stay there but am not crazy about their shuttle service.

Happy cruising and thanks for the replies :)

We were on the 6/25 sailing of the Glory. We arrived at the port at 10:45. We unloaded our luggage from our private charter bus (we had a group) and proceded to check in. We had no long lines, but as we were going through check-in, we noticed the line behind us got long fairly quickly. We had to wait in another line for about 20 minutes, than began to move. It took another 20 minutes or so to get onto the boat. It wasn't bad since you were moving most of the time. We thought Port Canaveral had very smooth embarkation. Have fun!!!! We did!!!

We just sailed the Glory 7/23. We got to the port around 11:15 and were on the ship by 12:15. The lines inside look long but they do move very quick. The only time we had to wait was to get on the ship as they hadn't started boarding yet.

On the other hand, the day we disembarked :( no one was getting on the ship too early because our deck color wasn't called until 11:15. Seems there was a shortage of immigration officials that day so it was taking longer than usual.

Archived