Gluten-Free Diet

I am thrilled that you found Kinnikinnick... I sure was thrilled when i first tasted it... and to this day I still appreciate the value of finding this gold mine!

Oh.. and the chocolate covered biscotti... oohhh.... etc...

Ohh and their raisin bread...

Okay I will stop now...

I'll have to check out Kinnikinnick. DH was never a huge bread or pasta fan. Before he was diagnosed, I used to have to talk him into agreeing to have pizza for dinner once a month. I am the bread, pasta and pizza fan!

But, like anything, once you can't have it, it becomes more desirable. The thing he misses the most is beer. Our friends live in Brooklyn Heights, and said there is a beer maker near them that makes GF beer. But, DH just has some regular beer every so often, and knows that he will pay the price in a couple of days. I don't think that his level of tolerance is as low as many other people. I can't beleive how much research we needed to do to find out exactly what "grains" a vodka is make from. He usually drinks potato vodka.

I'm guessing my MIL also has celiacs since she has "bathroom issues". But, she won't discuss it. It is so easy to tell. DH's discomfort was gone with a day or two of eliminating the gluten. It's really easy to try the diet for a couple days. Oh well.

Regardless of how good or bad the bread is, I know we will enjoy this cruise. Going with my 4 sisters and spouses. It's not often we all get together.

We haven't had the GF beer, we just know it's available. DH periodically splurges on beer. Some times it bothers him, sometimes it doesn't. When we go to visit the friends in NY, we usually drink Chekvar - the Beer of Kings. They got us hooked on that when they lived in Vienna and we visited.

Who would have thought a cruisecritic posting about GF would hit two pages.

I checked out the web page for Kinnikinnick, and it turns out that there is a store I go to occassionally that carries that brand. I'll have to get there and buy a few things.

Archived