Deposits

buffery

I have a deposit on acruise on Eclipse 16th August which I may have to cancel.

If I move it to another cruise would it have to be of the same value or more.As

I live in UK we do not get deposits back! Thanks for any replies

You can transfer your deposit to another cruise. If its the same length as your current booking you would not pay anything more. If its a longer cruise you might have to put down an additional deposit. It depends on the length of the cruise your changing to.

You can transfer your deposit to another cruise. If its the same length as your current booking you would not pay anything more. If its a longer cruise you might have to put down an additional deposit. It depends on the length of the cruise your changing to.

Please keep in mind that the OP is in the UK, so their policies are different than the US. Hopefully, one of our UK members can share their insights.

To the OP, sorry you may need to cancel. I hope everything works out in your favor !

You need to contact your TA as soon as possible and be very clear what you want to do. As far as I can see you would be charged £75 per person admin fee to make a transfer booking. Any OBC or drinks package, etc may not be transferable. It could be better for you to lose your deposit and then rebook - particularly if there are some good offers. We have done the latter - done the same cruise on the same ship with cabin on the same deck and SAVED money even after the loss of £300 deposit. Good luck

Perhaps you could advise us what happens if you transfer.

The Original Poster is a resident of the UK... Rules there--and in many other regions outside the US--are very different from many perspectives than they are in the US [which is not to say that you aren't familiar with them; could be that you are correct but the basis for your statement is not immediately apparent in the context of the specifics of this inquiry]...

That said, I've never seen the deposit terms you ascribe to Celebrity in the US... Deposit amount has never, in my experience, been governed by cruise length... Instead, deposits are higher--regardless of cruise length--for suites and for some holiday sailings... And at times, deposits are discounted as a result of booking aboard or--on rare occasion--as a result of a promotion available for bookings land-side...