Pick Your Perk - Classic Bev with Minor as 2nd Passenger

Does anyone have any personal experience with the Pick Your Perk promotion when the second cabin passenger is a minor? I booked a cruise during the PYP promotion and selected the Classic Beverage package. My TA assures me that my daughter will receive the non-alcoholic Classic package but I was wondering if anyone had actually experienced this.

Just looking for actual experiences, not speculation. Thanks!!;)

Does anyone have any personal experience with the Pick Your Perk promotion when the second cabin passenger is a minor? I booked a cruise during the PYP promotion and selected the Classic Beverage package. My TA assures me that my daughter will receive the non-alcoholic Classic package but I was wondering if anyone had actually experienced this.

Just looking for actual experiences, not speculation. Thanks!!;)

I'd pick another perk to be safe. Others have posted here that the minor passenger in the cabin had their package taken away. Lots of threads on this in the last year; I'm not sure how to search on it.

HOWEVER - last year we had the beverage package given to us by a large online travel agency. I'm pretty sure it was part of PYP (or 123, or another Celebrity-sponsored promotion) but that our travel agency only gave us the one option to keep things simple. (Otherwise I would have picked another "legal" perk). When we got on board our kids started using their package for non-alcoholic drinks. The second time my daughter used it, her card was confiscated! The food & beverage manager was called to come talk to us. He nicely offered to downgrade the package to non-alcoholic, we just had to make a stop at Guest Services (and then they had to call him to verify). I was so relieved it worked out for us, but I wasn't expecting it after reading the rules before we left on our trip.

When I had booked a room for my brother in law (older then 21), and added my DD boyfriend (under 21) as the second, they wouldn't allow him to get the drink package since both would have the same package. He ended up getting the OBC instead. Same with the kids stateroom, I asked if they could get the non-alcoholic drink package instead of OBC since it would have been worth more, but they wouldn't allow it. It had to be an alcoholic classic package in the pick your perk. This was last year when we booked. I know they recently had where the first two get a classic and the remaining guests in the room get a non-alcoholic package, so the policy might have changed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Since I originally posted this question, I spoke to my TA again and he called Celebrity and now under my Cruise Extras it is showing 1 Classic Alcoholic Beverage Package and 1 Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package so hopefully we will be all set and I wanted to let others know that this is possible if your 2nd passenger is a minor.

Since I originally posted this question, I spoke to my TA again and he called Celebrity and now under my Cruise Extras it is showing 1 Classic Alcoholic Beverage Package and 1 Classic Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package so hopefully we will be all set and I wanted to let others know that this is possible if your 2nd passenger is a minor.

Yes this is how it is for one of our cabins with the 2nd person being a minor

(11). We leave Sunday I will report back on our return. :)