Nervous that I won't fit in

Hi

My mum and dad have booked our first ever cruise on a Cunard ship on 18th July for 21 days. Its a cruise around the Med and although I am looking forward to seeing all the different destinations I am nervous about the formality of cruises

As my parents and I have never cruised before we don't know what to expect.

Probably all silly questions I know for experienced cruisers however I would really appreciate advise on the following:

1. How much luggage can you take. its a 21 day cruise from Livorno, Italy and I was wondering how much I need to pack for three weeks

2. What would I be expected to wear on formal and semi formal nights. Can you get away with most things as long as they look smart

3. What would I wear on informal nights

4. Will there be much for someone my age (I am 16) to do on board ship. Will there be many my age on board. I don't really want to hang out with my parents all the time and they probably want their space anyway

Thanks everyone for any help you can give

Jules :)

I've never sailed on Cunard but according to their website it does sound like they are more formal after 6pm every evening. There seems to be places to eat and relax if you choose not to dress more formally.

Here is a link to their FAQ. http://www.cunard.com/frequent-questions/?view=2744#tabbedModule2742

I also saw a notation that there are laundry facilities on board.

Edit to Add: You might also want to start posting questions and reading over on the Cunard Forum, plus find your roll call and become involved in that.

Edited by okgirl

I've never been on Cunard but have cruised a lot and am sure you will all have a great experience.

As for packing - you really can bring as much as you want - your only limitation would be the number of bags the airline would allow you to bring. Most people overpack on their first couple of cruises - I know I did. But now I bring items that can be worn several times - i.e. a black skirt that I can wear with different tops. If your ship has self-service laundry, that also would help with needing less clothes.

Again, not knowing Cunard, not sure about activities for your age group but I know other cruise lines usually have a 'nightclub' especially for teens.

As recommended, find the roll call for your cruise since many there probably have more experience with Cunard.

The Med is beautiful - Enjoy!

Marianne

You can also check the FAQs on the Cunard website. You might find many of your questions, such as if there's a self-service laundry on your ship and if there's a teen program on board. Then whatever remaining questions you have, just go to the Cunard board to ask. Maybe someone will have photos of outfits they've worn for dinner.

LUCKY YOU!!

Having your first cruise when you are Sweet sixteen. You will be one of the youngest onboard but so what? It is better than being one of the oldest. You will be seeing lots of ports during days and probably eating seeing a show and going to bed early to rest for the next days port. Soak in as much as you can. This trip will make great memories.