Cave Tubing with Yhony and side hints.

damenacer

I just came back from Belize, on my Carnival Valor cruise. I had the best experience possible with the tour guides from www.cave-tubing.com.

We were met instantly as we walked out the pier by Yhony and his great guide Junior who were very warm and detailed in their explanation of what will be happneing for the day. I had a group of 8 and we linked up with two other families of about 5 people each. We made a quick stop for waters, provided by the tour, and bought some beverages, snacks, and a few beers to bring with us on the ride. Shortly after we hit the road for about a 45 minute drive with great narration along the way. I must say that Junior was very informative, funny, and paid close attention to our questions and needs while on the tour.

While driving there we passed a couple of tour companies and were able to beat them to the river. We were able to go through an extra cave which the carnival cruisers did not go through.

Junior and Rafael, the second tour guide, worked very well with each other and the gentlemen at the rivers of the cave tubing. We were given a few minutes to swim and wade in the water to allow one group ahead of us some time to walk, and allow us to have the caves all to ourselves. Then began the 30 minute walk to the river. I thought the walk was fun and easy but two members of my group felt the walk was hard and straining. So be prepared.

Rafael was one of the most patient individuals you can choose to ride with. Several times during our tubing, he would jump out to make sure any person that strayed away, would easily rejoin the group. His dedication to our safety, and hard work ethic made us all feel comfortable and safe during our tour.

After tubing we were given time to change and quickly jumped on our van to Amigos restaurant for a $5 dollar lunch of chicken, rice, cole slaw, natural drink. THe chicken was great, one of the best meals we had on the ship. Beers at this restaurant were extra but only $2 american.

On the way back Junior assured our group that whatever we wanted to buy he would direct us where to get it. We stopped for fresh fruit, mangos, and souvenirs. We were able to tender back to our boat after long shopping, and still had beat the check in time by more then an hour.

I would love to do cave tubing again, and there is no way I would ever go with another company, especially with how much fun we had with Junior, and how safe we felt with Rafael.

Hints.

Bring water slippers or old sneakers you don't mind getting wet.

An underwater camera is suggested as there are some great photo shots while hiking and in the rivers.

If cruising with Carnival go to the Ivanhoe about 20 minutes before your supposed to be there and have a seat. They will give out tender tickets to those waiting first.

Get there early so you can stop for lunch and shopping

IF your not a hiker take a couple of hour hikes before you go cave tubing so you can be ready for the 30 minute walk

Don't panic. If you get tipped over, try and stand up and don't panic.

Book with www.cave-tubing.com, they are only $45 per person and pay such close attention to you.

I was one of the families on that same tour and could not say it better! Junior was a hoot and Raphael was very caring! I took my 9 year old twins with us and they had a blast! Both guides took each child under their wings, my one son perferred to walk all the way up front with Junior so he could hear everything that was said. I felt completely at ease having both of these guides watching out for my children, they took safety very seriously!!! This was the best tour of the week and the best for the money!

I had no idea you were on the same tour with us. I wish I would have met you at the CC meeting, but I got there a bit late.

I do agree that Rafael was great with you son, and kept making sure that he was taken well care of. Your kids really seemed liked they loved it.

That sure was a great event, I want to go back and I'm defintely tubing with Junior and Rafael.

I wish I would have met some of the cc rs too! I left our leis and lists at home and was constantly trying to figure out who was who! I knew someone was on our tour but felt silly asking people. What a great time! I just got done watching our video, sigh!!!:) Yea, my one son will NEVER forget Junior and Raphael. We did so many amazing things, but that was his favorite!

Archived