Just returned

dpugh965

Just off the dream today, and just made it home and got unpacked. If anyone has questions fire away, and as soon as all the Twilight Zones and Mocha Chocolate Getaways have left my body I will attempt a review. :D

I got my eye on a couple of cruises but haven't booked yet.

I did not get pics of menus but they haven't changed... should be able to search for them... got a few pics of elegant night dinner, but only eat twice in main dining room, one night in steakhouse and buffet rest of trip.

I also was on the Dream last week and my service was good. We had 3 in a Cove Balcony cabin and while our Steward kept our cabin clean, shed did not make it into a "day" room all week. She came in after lunch and cleaned and left the bed and sofa turned down for the evening. The service for YTD was really good. I enjoyed Antonio so much the first night we ate in his section every night. we never had to wait to be seated. He gave extra attention to our 12 year old, making hand puppets or napkin animals every night. I spent quite a bit of time in the piano bar. I must have shot 100 dollar bills toward the tip bucket with a small basketball goal on it. He knows a lot of songs, but does not have a printed play list. What he did not know was David Allen Coe. He told me that if I was back this week he would do him for me., The one thing that I noticed most about this cruise is that the "appearance" of the passengers as a group left much to be desired. I think that has to do with Carnival keeping their prices lower than the other lines. I heard this comment many times throughout the week. There didn't seem to be nearly as many passengers that you would try to make small talk with or become life long friends with. That's about as mild as I can put it. If the Homers want to bash me for this, I'll only guess that you are who I am speaking of.

I enjoyed the cruise, was pleasantly surprised at the quality of food and service and I really like the itinerary.

Did y'all go to the piano bar? How was the entertainer?

Were you pleased with your cabin steward & other staff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the piano bar entertainer was terrible, RS and staff were great.

Oh darn! Well the bright side is we are doing a b2b and the current guy's contract is up after the first leg. Hopefully the 2bd guy is better

Thanks!! Were there any shows you thought were not to be missed? We don't usually do the shows anymore but without the piano bar we'll be looking for something else to do. Oh, speaking of....how was seating for the comedy shows? The last few cruises if you weren't in line an hour prior you were SOL

Thanks again!

Oh darn! Well the bright side is we are doing a b2b and the current guy's contract is up after the first leg. Hopefully the 2bd guy is better

Thanks!! Were there any shows you thought were not to be missed? We don't usually do the shows anymore but without the piano bar we'll be looking for something else to do. Oh, speaking of....how was seating for the comedy shows? The last few cruises if you weren't in line an hour prior you were SOL

Thanks again!

None of the shows were can't miss type shows, sorry. People lined up early for the comedy shows, there was one show we had to stand up for. After each show they made everyone leave and then come back in. The comedy club host was great, he was like having a third comedian.

None of the shows were can't miss type shows, sorry. People lined up early for the comedy shows, there was one show we had to stand up for. After each show they made everyone leave and then come back in. The comedy club host was great, he was like having a third comedian.

LOL appreciate your honesty...i wouldn't mind standing in line so much if i'd be able to keep the dang seat for more than one show. oh well...no worries, thanks again!

I thought Andy in the Piano Bar was really good a couple of nights, but when he gets requests, he does a lot of different styles. Some good, some bad to me. Just keep requesting what you like to listen to. 8 More Seconds was a good show if you are a Country Music fan and Dancing In The Street was also pretty good to us, but the third show, I cannot remember the name, was not so good. Saw 3 different comedians and they were all good.