MCO flight and transportation

c&d

I know this has been discussed before I am sorry. Is 11:30 to early to book flight from Orlando, looking at Liberty in July, I hate to wait for a 5:30 flight.

Also what is best transportation to and from MCO I checked on car rentals 1 way and prices are ridiculous right now.

I know this has been discussed before I am sorry. Is 11:30 to early to book flight from Orlando, looking at Liberty in July, I hate to wait for a 5:30 flight.

Also what is best transportation to and from MCO I checked on car rentals 1 way and prices are ridiculous right now.

c&d,

Too early? No. If all goes well at the end of the cruise and traffic is clear, but.... Too stressful? IMO yeah. Why add stress at the end of a relaxing cruise?

I would book the 5:30 flight, get a one way rental to MCO from Cocoa beach and enjoy the day at Cocoa, Kennedy Space Center, or some other attraction in the area.

It's not too early if you rent a car. I just checked one way rates and the cars start at $59. If you take the Budget shuttle and are in your car by 8:30 you'll be at the airport by 9:30.

I would check in at the curb, then go out to the terminal and have a leisurely breakfast at the restaurant.

I have to deal with my sister mobility issues, I will be pushing wheelchair, we are plantinum I know we will be off ship early.

I know this could be stressfull on me. I hate sitting around airport for hours, which is why I am so undesided on what to do. Only upside of taking later flight is we can go into club.

We've rented cars a couple of times. You can get good rates on Hotwire. That drive from the port to MCO is one of the straightest, easiest drives that you'll ever have!

Joe

I agree. Such a relaxing and easy ride. Plus I love going over the bridge and getting that first glimpse of the ships going into Cocoa Beach. The rental places are all lined up one after the other. Gas station is right there. Can't beat it. PC is my favorite port.

11:30 is not too early if you get off first. But personally, I would take a later flight.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

There are discount codes that can be found online that help with reducing the one-way rental costs. And all of the major rental companies are within 10 minutes of the port and have free-shuttle service.

Use Ace transportation , we have used them twice going from MCO to port canaveral . They will stop off at a store so you can pick up some goodies as well . IMO they are the best priced and it's private so you don't have to wait for other cruisers to load up on the shuttle

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got back from the Sunshine this weekend. I was able to find a discount code for a car rental and only ended up laying $57 after all of the fees including the no refueling option. We got to the airport by 10am. We even relaxed and took our time getting off the ship even though we had zone 1. If you can find a good price on a rental car then I definitely recommend going that route. All of the rental companies in the port area have a shuttle and start picking up at 8am around the time debark starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I live here (near port canaveral) and make the drive to the airport a LOT.

1. You can't ask for an easier route. It's one highway (toll road).

2. If traffic is light and no crashes, an easy 40-45 min drive

Now for the negatives

1. Once on that highway, you're locked on it. No way off, no way to go, so if there is a crash and it is shutdown westbound, you're dead.

2. If it's busy and full of out of towners, like yourself, the toll plazas can be long and busy, so you have to hope that isn't the case and that they have more than two lanes open

Dave,

True about if the Beach (Bee) Line is shutdown or slow due to an accident. If people take this route, which I do all the time when getting back and forth to the ports (PC, FLL), get the SunPASS from the rental agency. I think it costs like $3/day of use plus the tolls. It allows you to bypass the toll booths at highway speeds.

Steve