Celebrity Century inside room 9002

bluedream8

Hello everyone!

I recently booked my first ever cruise and it's on the Century and so I wanted to check in to see if anyone has ever had a chance to stay in room 9002. I've tried to get a sense of the layout from the deck plans but I'm curious about things like the noise level and room layout.

Thanks!!

Congratulations on your first cruise. I cannot tell you specifically about that stateroom but you are " sandwiched" between two passenger stateroom decks so noise from amenities should not be an issue. If I am correct you are about as far forward as you can possibly get. Some have commented that forward cabins can "feel" up/down movements in swells or rougher seas. That's why cruisers prefer the mid ship stability. That being said some notice this while others don't. It all depends what the seas are like.

If you keep your stateroom "shipshape" you'll find it very livable. DW and I have done inside staterooms for half our cruises and have not regretted it. During port intensive trips you are barely in your stateroom. Sleep, shower...that's it. Otherwise get up to the common areas and enjoy the ship and your fellow passengers. We've met some fabulous people from different parts of the world. DW and I were booked in 9127 inside for a trip in just a few days until I snapped up a no brainer upgrade for way cheap. Some forward stateroom people comment that they can hear the theatre below but those are typically those who retire early...very early. Others say they hear the docking noise caused by the forward lines and crew in the early AM. But that depends on the ship and you have a deck or two buffer. I think you should be fine.

Remember that your inside stateroom goes the same place the verandas and suites go.

Don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy your ship and your very first cruise.

Edited by TheMediaman

Thank you very much, TheMediaMan for your very helpful and thoughtful response! I was not aware of the theater noise but I don’t expect that to bother me. Also thank you for relaying the aft position information, hopefully the waters will be calm for the trip.

I tend to agree that the stateroom will not be something that will in any way make or break my first cruise. We will look to spend as much time around the ship and experiencing the ship culture as we can, which means minimal time in our cabin. However, it’s comforting to know that we still managed a good stateroom. Have a wonderful time on your upcoming cruise! I will take your advice to not sweat the small things and will just consider myself lucky to finally be going on a cruise!