port taxs and fees

hi i think this question will be for the UK cruises but not 100% sure so any help will be appreciated, we cruise in august from Southampton on the Independence, i was just having a look at how much the cabins was on royals site when i noticed port taxs and fees so opened my own booking form to have a look at ours (we have booked though a ta) now royals is £184 for the four of us now wait for it we have been charged £1216 :eek: not sure why its so much more has any one come across this before, is this right? i dont have to pay for my cruise until the end of may.

I am a little confused.

Are you saying that your TA is showing a charge for "port taxes and fees" of 1216? (which would be 304 per person)

but that the same exact booking shows only 184 total for four people (or is that per person? Usually the price shown when I look online from the US or German sites is per person)?

Or is that 1216 the total cruise fare, including the taxes and port fees?

If it is the former, it does sound like the TA has some explaining to do. I would take a screen shot of the "booking" showing those fee amounts on RCI's website and email that, with a scan of your booking that shows what you are being charged and ask them to explain the discrepancy.

hi i think this question will be for the UK cruises but not 100% sure so any help will be appreciated, we cruise in august from Southampton on the Independence, i was just having a look at how much the cabins was on royals site when i noticed port taxs and fees so opened my own booking form to have a look at ours (we have booked though a ta) now royals is £184 for the four of us now wait for it we have been charged £1216 :eek: not sure why its so much more has any one come across this before, is this right? i dont have to pay for my cruise until the end of may.

Something must be wrong port taxes and fees for a 14 night sailing on Inde in August is £52.50 pp. We have a cruise booked for Nov TA and the taxes have drop a small amount since we booked due to the exchange rate. Yours seems excessive to say the least, could understand if it was £216 would say that it was to do with the exchange rate. Would check the figures again and then get on the phone maybe a type error.

Good Luck

hi royal works out to £46 per person for the two week holiday and the one we have says 4 £304 which is £1216 i hope this is wrong i have tried to attach part of my invoice but dont know how to do it doh

hi royal works out to £46 per person for the two week holiday and the one we have says 4 £304 which is £1216 i hope this is wrong i have tried to attach part of my invoice but dont know how to do it doh

You look like you are cruising on the 23rd Aug, taxes are £46 pp you need to talk to RCI or your TA something is not right somewhere.

TA's normally price cruises different to the cruise line, the per person price you see on the cruise line web site, includes 2 types of fare, commissionable, that a TA will earn commission on, and Non Commissionable, which they don't.

The cruise line then adds the port taxes and fees, to get the total price.

A lot of TA's will show the cruise price as the Commissionable cruise fare and then add the non commissionable fare in with the port fees and taxes.

To compare apples to apples, the final price is what you need to look at.