HELP..Baymont Inn Miami Airport 42nd & LeJeune

Loves_Dogs

I made reservations at the Marriott that is located on Lejuen rd. also. It seems as if it is an area with lots of hotels. Never been though. I would prefer something closer to the port but I'm only using 10,000 points opposed to 25,000 for Marriott bayside. :rolleyes:

First of all, let me advise you that LeJeune Road and 42nd Ave. are one and the same. In Miami they like to call many streets & avenues by both their number and their name. Most people there refer to it as LeJeune.

I've never stayed at the Baymont, but I know exactly where it is. It's right across the street from Miami International Airport, about ½ mile from 36th St. and Route 112 (the Airport Expressway). I wouldn't really recommend the area. It's probably safe enough, but it isn't at a location where I would choose to stay.

Actually, we usually stay at the Marriott complex where cruzinmom will be staying. I believe the address is 1212 LeJeune Rd. It's about 2 miles south of the Baymont, and right near an entrance ramp to Route 836 (the Dolphin Expressway) which, like Route 112, takes you east to I-95. Inside the gated Marriott location are 3 hotels: a Marriott, a Courtyard, and a Fairfield Inn. There's a good restaurant in the Marriott, and breakfast rooms at the Courtyard & Fairfield. And there are several more restaurants in the area. To drive to the Miami Cruiseport, you simply turn right onto LeJeune Road and then right again onto Rte. 836. At I-95 you turn south and watch for the signs to the port (around 6th St. or so).

The last time we cruised out of Miami (2003) we stayed at the Courtyard downtown, not far from the Downtown Hyatt. It used to be a Howard Johnson's, but was completely refurbished by Marriott 2 or 3 years ago.

It had just opened when we stayed there, and things were a bit hectic. But the room was fine, and the place was well appointed. There was an attached parking garage as well. The advantage there as compared to the MIA locations is that it is much closer to the port. But I think we'll be staying at the Airport Courtyard again if we overnight for our two Jewel cruises this winter. It's only a 15-minute drive from LeJeune to the port. We're not crazy about downtown Miami, to tell you the truth, even though I worked there for several years.:)

Jack

I will also be staying at this hotel pre & post cruise. I would be interested to here any more feedback.( I had posted a similar question earlier).

JELEJA.... when are you going? Don't forget to post a review when you come back.

Hi Bajan...i am leaving 8/13 - cruising out on Valor on the 14th. I will post when I come back.

All of LeJune is Industrial and hotels as it's next to the airport. The hotel is a basic, clean, economy hotel. NCL and Carnival use that hotel for their crewmembers who are in transit. It's an industrial area with fast food places, etc. If your out walking around late at night then you will obviously be viewed as a tourist and of course then your setting yourself up for trouble. You could take a cab from their over to Bayside for probably $10.

But you know, you can stay in 5 star hotels in Miami and you will still see homeless people, etc. lurking around. Miami is a major city so that's to be expected. It's just the way it is in a city.

Can anyone help me who has stayed here? Is it clean? Safe area? Anywhere close to eat? Any info is much appreciated.

All of LeJune is Industrial and hotels as it's next to the airport. The hotel is a basic, clean, economy hotel. NCL and Carnival use that hotel for their crewmembers who are in transit. It's an industrial area with fast food places, etc. If your out walking around late at night then you will obviously be viewed as a tourist and of course then your setting yourself up for trouble. You could take a cab from their over to Bayside for probably $10.

But you know, you can stay in 5 star hotels in Miami and you will still see homeless people, etc. lurking around. Miami is a major city so that's to be expected. It's just the way it is in a city.

Thank you very much for the information!

The only restaurant within walking distance of that Baymont Inn is a Bennigan's... It's not a very pleasant area. If you're cruising you would be much better off staying in downtown Miami or South Beach, you'll have a much more enjoyable stay.

Archived