!!! BREEZE !!! Western Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Hey Gambee,

FYI, the boat at the Hemingway house is a model of his boat Pilar. The real Pilar is at his house in Cuba. I was lucky enough to get to tour both houses last year. I'm not much of a Hemingway fan but his life is an interesting story, to say the least.

No six toed cats in Cuba but he did have all of his dogs buried next to his pool there.

Another GREAT review Gambee!! Though it will be another 15 months before we get to sail on the Breeze, your review is getting me all pumped up in anticipation!! :D

The wait will be all worth it, trust me. Thank you for following along :)

Thank you for sharing. I so enjoy your stories. Will miss the silliness with your mom this time--on the cruise--. Keep up the great review!:D

True that, I missed mom on the ship, but there will many other sailings with her. We just have to be patient ;)

Thank you for the nice comment.

I am sure everyone knows this by now, but for those who don't. Key West is a very gay town, funny enough I have been there for any of their pride events. Actually I have never to any pride parade ever, lol. Not my thing I guess.

[/color][/b]

My friend Nate went once. He said it was a CRAZY party! Lots of fun, but he wouldn't go again. Haha

-Kristi

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Yeah they are quite wild, a few of my coworkers have gone and they have described to me an interesting chain of events to say the least.

Loving this review! Now I have a sudden desire to visit Key West! Loved the cat pics. I used to have a polydactyl cat and just love them. Can't wait for the rest especially Grand Cayman. Sill have two years til my next cruise so I'm living vicariously through other peoples reviews:rolleyes:. Thank you.

There we go, polydactyl cats, thank you. I had an amazing time in GC, can't wait to share it all here.

Gambee i had the scrambled eggs one morning as i did not want to wait for my omlette. and yes, they tasted synthetic.. Gross, I did not eat them

There we go, yeah I don't eat eggs like that often, and I was not going to try them on the ship. Thanks for confirming that for us.

Finally caught up! Glad to see your rewarding day in Key West. :)

Yeah it was a blast, tiring but a lot of fun.

So I am finally caught up! Great job so far, I am so happy and proud of you! I had a couple questions that I could probably ask you in private but think the answers will help other cruisers.

1. Does Carnival hand out towels or do you have to sign them with your card and return it to avoid a fee?

2. How was the water pressure and the variation of hot and cold water in the shower?

You bring 2 excellent points that I had completely forgotten to write about.

1. After having my towel stolen multiple times in NCL and RCCL, I have now decided to simply bring my own. The way the Breeze worked, was that they had the beach/pool towels in the room when you got there. The towel have to be in the room by the end of the cruise in order to avoid the charge. I never unfolded mine, just rather not go through that ordeal again. I wish people stopped stealing this so ships would not have to deploy these annoying systems to keep everything in check.

2. I never thought of this, and I think it was mainly because this was never an issue. Excellent water pressure and the water temperature was very easy and fast to adjust. My only issues with the bathroom (as I said before) was the shower curtain (was slightly dirty and worn out) and the counter colors. But other than that the shower experience was excellent.

Edited by gambee

There we go, yeah I don't eat eggs like that often, and I was not going to try them on the ship. Thanks for confirming that for us.

I'm sure it has been said many times before in other places but if you go to the omelette station you can get real eggs made however you want them.

And more cats!

Day2-190_zpsd5e396f2.jpg

They were all very friendly, they love being petted.

Day2-192_zps2d18d668.jpg

And more cats!

Day2-193_zps4cebf3f1.jpg

Can't wait to go, I am ready to start packing! We are actually considering visiting the Hemingway house because my 17 year old daughter loves polydactyl cats.

Thanks for the great review!

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

Edited by CatlinSTJ

Not sure if it is the app or what, but I can't read half my post even though it's there when I try to edit.

Anyway - thanks for a great review! My 17 year old loves polydactyl cats so we may stop at Hemingway house just so she can go nuts with the kitties :)

On the topic of synthetic eggs --- we avoid them! On Carnival, the omelet station will prepare eggs to order. Just ask for scrambled eggs and you can watch the chef crack fresh eggs!

Enjoying your review!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Gambee it was great to see your review of Carnival and I'm excited to be reading it. I truly appreciate your in-depth work you put into every review you do. Thank you so much, I just love reading your reviews and your pictures are AWESOME!

I'm sure it has been said many times before in other places but if you go to the omelette station you can get real eggs made however you want them.

On the topic of synthetic eggs --- we avoid them! On Carnival, the omelet station will prepare eggs to order. Just ask for scrambled eggs and you can watch the chef crack fresh eggs!

Enjoying your review!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yeah true, I am not big on eggs either way. But it is true for most of the faults that I found with Carnival there was usually an easy fix for it. The egg thing is more for people who dislike waiting in line like me, but then again I dislike eggs. Thanks for the input

Can't wait to go, I am ready to start packing! We are actually considering visiting the Hemingway house because my 17 year old daughter loves polydactyl cats.

Thanks for the great review!

Definitely a great place for cat lovers. I saw over 20 cats there, but they have much more than that.

Edited by gambee

Gambee it was great to see your review of Carnival and I'm excited to be reading it. I truly appreciate your in-depth work you put into every review you do. Thank you so much, I just love reading your reviews and your pictures are AWESOME!

Thank you for reading and commenting, once I get out of class ill start posting the rest of day one. Today was formal night and my first day in the MDR.

Gambee,

We had sailed Carnival three times before the Breeze trip we took. I ate the scrambled eggs each time with no problem. When we went on the Breeze, I didn't think anything of trying the scrambled eggs. After just tasting them, I almost went into cardiac arrest. They sucked big time, and were the worst tasting eggs I have ever tasted. That was the real lowest point in our cruise for food. I'm glad you were warned and stayed away from them!

Gambee, your reviews are the best! I hope you someday find a way to make good money from your travel reviews!

Thank you :o

Gambee,

We had sailed Carnival three times before the Breeze trip we took. I ate the scrambled eggs each time with no problem. When we went on the Breeze, I didn't think anything of trying the scrambled eggs. After just tasting them, I almost went into cardiac arrest. They sucked big time, and were the worst tasting eggs I have ever tasted. That was the real lowest point in our cruise for food. I'm glad you were warned and stayed away from them!

Lol, Cardiac arrest :D

I headed to my room to get changed. It was a bittersweet moment while I sat in my balcony, I knew I was in a great vacation, and I had just enjoyed a great day with mom. However as I sat there and contemplated and I realized that this was the true origin of my SOLO cruise, and I was already missing my mom.

I decided to fix myself a drink to help ease the moment and get into the cruise mood. I did so and chillaxed :D on the balcony for a little while.

Bugsy this is a good example of a fisheye picture. Notice the distortion? And it also grabs a lot of scenery. A normal lens would not be able to do this, well unless its a super wide, but I am not crazy about them. There is a curvature to the earth that created by the lens.

Day2-372_zpscdb90dd9.jpg

Day2-374_zps1b75f25a.jpg

Not safe I know, but it was just for a brief second for the picture. I figured since the ship was not moving it was ok. Anyway love the way the picture came up. Look at the stem of the glass, 1/2 shows the sky and the other half reflects some Key West scenery. You can also tell how cold the drink was vs the heat of that day. Love this Picture!

Day2-375_zps292170ee.jpg

This one came out really neat!

Day2-377_zps69271111.jpg

Then I headed out to the pool bar to get a long Island Ice tea, before heading down to the lanai jacuzzi.

Day2-383_zps8815456b.jpg

Here is a short video of the Beach Pool that day.

So I guess I can stop here and talk about Carnival mixed drinks. I am not a fan of their system, Carnival just like NCL counts their liquor and by that I mean and all drinks are made by exact amounts. I noticed that the few times that I asked for the drink to be made stronger they gave a strange look. I know that look, it is almost like i am going to get in trouble kind of look. RCCL, X and Disney are the only lines that I have dealt with that do not care about this at all. While NCL and CCL do. Now that I know this, I know to always buy 2 bottles of in stateroom setups instead of one. I like my drinks strong, and if I am paying over $10 for a long island ice tea, I want that tea to hit me from the back ;). The ones I drank in CCL were just bland and weak. I would say about 1/3 booze and then the rest fillers. Anyway just saying, not a big problem since there are ways around this problem.

Day2-385_zpsa5a27d62.jpg

What is even worse is when my dumb ass, spills the weak drink in the elevator… tsk tsk tsk. It is not a true Gambee review unless me or mom spills a drink or 2 or 3 :D

Day2-387_zps7751307a.jpg

And here I am enjoying a sunny day in Key West in one of my favorite areas of the Carnival Breeze!

Day2-388_zps2c37f33a.jpg

Like it?

Day2-390_zpsaba9280d.jpg

Day2-391_zps722063a3.jpg

Day2-392_zpsf9c68ada.jpg

Edited by gambee

I headed to my room to get changed. It was a bittersweet moment while I sat in my balcony, I knew I was in a great vacation, and I had just enjoyed a great day with mom. However as I sat there and contemplated and I realized that this was the true origin of my SOLO cruise, and I was already missing my mom.

I decided to fix myself a drink to help ease the moment and get into the cruise mood. I did so and chillaxed :D on the balcony for a little while.

Bugsy this is a good example of a fisheye picture. Notice the distortion? And it also grabs a lot of scenery. A normal lens would not be able to do this, well unless its a super wide, but I am not crazy about them. There is a curvature to the earth that created by the lens.

Day2-372_zpscdb90dd9.jpg

Day2-374_zps1b75f25a.jpg

Not safe I know, but it was just for a brief second for the picture. I figured since the ship was not moving it was ok. Anyway love the way the picture came up. Look at the stem of the glass, 1/2 shows the sky and the other half reflects some Key West scenery. You can also tell how cold the drink was vs the heat of that day. Love this Picture!

Day2-375_zps292170ee.jpg

This one came out really neat!

Day2-377_zps69271111.jpg

...every mom wants to be shown love like how you talk about your mom. I envy your mom. This is what I live for...love from my son. Some day.....:o

Edited by cruisemama1

I am not a fan of these balconies and I am very glad that I got an upgrade to the lido balcony, because there is just no privacy on those 2 decks near the lanai. I also noticed that a few of the suites are there as well, I could not imagine paying that much for that type of balcony on that location. I think next time I am going for a cove balcony, they are to die for!!!! But more on that later on.

Day2-398_zpsc20084b8.jpg

After an hour or two I headed to the room to get my setup ready for sail away. I also took advantage called my mom for one last time before I lost connection for the rest of the week. One thing that I noticed is that our captain never blew the horn for sail away… I am not entirely sure why, I think he did once when leaving Miami. The horn is one of the my favorite things when leaving port, it just adds so much more to the experience. I can't wait to sail Royal/Regal Princess to experience the love boat song horn!

It was a very nice and peaceful sail away, I loved my starboard balcony. Starboard all the way for me, it has really payed off on all my voyages.

Day2-399_zps0be1907b.jpg

Day2-400_zps081c6335.jpg

Day2-401_zps7f89034a.jpg

Day2-403_zpsaa1aba5c.jpg

Then I headed out to the pool bar to get a long Island Ice tea, before heading down to the lanai jacuzzi.

Day2-383_zps8815456b.jpg

Here is a short video of the Beach Pool that day.

So I guess I can stop here and talk about Carnival mixed drinks. I am not a fan of their system, Carnival just like NCL counts their liquor and by that I mean and all drinks are made by exact amounts. I noticed that the few times that I asked for the drink to be made stronger they gave a strange look. I know that look, it is almost like i am going to get in trouble kind of look. RCCL, X and Disney are the only lines that I have dealt with that do not care about this at all. While NCL and CCL do. Now that I know this, I know to always buy 2 bottles of in stateroom setups instead of one. I like my drinks strong, and if I am paying over $10 for a long island ice tea, I want that tea to hit me from the back ;). The ones I drank in CCL were just bland and weak. I would say about 1/3 booze and then the rest fillers. Anyway just saying, not a big problem since there are ways around this problem.

Day2-385_zpsa5a27d62.jpg

Indeed. (wink wink!)