!!! BREEZE !!! Western Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Gambee!!!!!!! You ROCK!!!!:D:D:D:D

Hi Gambee's Mom!!! :)

As usual, a phenomenal review and pictures.

Keep up the extraordinary work!

We appreciate all of the time and effort you put in to these.

46 days before I am back on the Breeze, again.

But, who's counting:rolleyes:

So glad you loved the chocolate melting cake, I knew you would!! :D You are making me so jealous, I just want to jump right in those pictures right now lol!

I think you are worrying too much about the wide angle lens pictures. I really think they are coming out very good and some of my favorite pictures of yours are the wide angle ones. They look very professional and the colors are always very vibrant. :)

...every mom wants to be shown love like how you talk about your mom. I envy your mom. This is what I live for...love from my son. Some day.....:o

I'm sure your son is going to make you one of the most proud mom in the world, as I am. :):):)

Thanks for reading and post in my son's thread.

I am not really sure why Carnival has so much information in Kilometers and Calvin, when most of their travelers are Americans. Now don’t get me wrong they have both, but over has of the time it displays the other ones. Add to that a technical glitch that they seem to have in the TV system and it takes quite some time to get to the Miles and Fahrenheit units. Not a biggie, but an inconvenience. I enjoy looking at those channels quite often.

Day2-543_zps44d91b42.jpg

Day2-544_zps6609c850.jpg

That is strange: Kilometers and Fahrenheit. You would expect Km with Celsius or Miles with F. Go figure!

BTW, loving your review!

OMG just watched the sail away video on page 9 because they WON'T let me watch at work! (dogs) It was great. Back now to catch up on more...

P.S. DH's first question was "what kind of camera" and I told him not to go there. :D Then he said you should get paid for this. Carnival owes you promotional $$.

Gambee for president! Oh wait I am not even American so Gambee for mayor of Toronto!

Seriously I cannot believe the planning and attention to detail in this review.

Thank you for taking the time to write a comprehensive review.

I am now planning a summer cruise !

GAMBEE! I feel like I am on the Breeze, again! :)

I agree with you about Faster to the Fun not being a necessity. I never saw a reason for it. Perhaps if I was traveling with children I would disagree.

Thanks for the tour of the Cloud 9 Spa - I never ventured up there! Spas just aren't my thing. My sister loves them.

Love the fisheye photo of the slide. Don't sell the fisheye!!!

The camera talk makes me giggle. I roll my eyes at most everything Ken Rockwell has to say. That man is quite full of himself. There are much more reputable camera body and lens reviewers who I prefer. Like you said, the NEX performs better than the RX... but at the price of having to lug around more gear. It's really a personal decision as to what people want to carry. I do think that the coloration issues that some have noted are just a difference in WB settings between the cameras. Not to mention, the room on the Carnival Breeze is awfully warm and yellow. I remember having to cool down most of my photos in Lightroom a good bit, and they were still on the warm side. Since you aren't running all of your photos through Lightroom for this review, that's a big difference right there. But I think the RX100 is still holding its own. Like I said before, I have several other friends who swear by it.

I'm so glad that you were able to meet up with your mom and aunt in Key West! They sound like a fun duo!! I've actually never been to Key West - I should probably fix that.

NURSE SHARKS!!!!!! I'm kind of a shark fanatic, myself. Nurse sharks aren't aggressive, but you would think they would put some sort of barrier around the pool. What if a kid fell in? Can you imagine the lawsuits?? The photos of the sharks in the pool fascinate me. I've always wanted to be able to go to some middle-of-nowhere island and chum the waters to see what sharks come to feast. I'm not sure how I feel about sharks in captivity... that is quite a small pool for those nurse sharks. How long were they - four to five feet nose to tail? I would want to touch them, too.

I'm glad that you were able to find a dinner group through your Roll Call! I sailed solo on the Norwegian Epic, which thankfully had a meet-up for single passengers, so I was able to eat with a fun group of people.

Also, when I was at Grand Cayman last week, we were in port with the MSC Divina which made me think of you. Many Divina passengers were with us at 7-Mile Beach carrying bright orange towels.... I couldn't help but giggle at how European all of the passengers looked. You better bring your speedo, Gambee! Anyway, it's quite a nice-looking ship, and I do hate that they pulled it from the US so soon.

Can't wait for more!

Whew, made it to page 22.

Gambee, do you think you would be willing to sell any of your pictures? I am looking at some of the illusion pictures for my living room. I have tons of the beach, ships, etc myself but they just don's seem to fit the style I am looking for. When you get a chance email me at da77@bellsouth.net and also I think you might want to think about them for the Las Olas art festival next year. (me first though)

The lobster in the MDR is very hit or miss, sorry to hear that yours was a miss! I've had them come out dry and rubbery and I've had them arrive perfectly cooked, melt in your mouthy yummy! I think it is mainly luck and getting a fresh one.

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

I guess we did not get lucky, it was pretty bad. But its ok, I had a great lobster the night before.

Loving and following!!!!

Thank you :)

Great review I am really enjoying it :D:D

Carnival's choclate melting cake OMG soooo good - I have the receipe for it but I have not tried to make it -

Peggy

I don't think I would ever make, I am a horrible baker. At least I have an excuse to sail on the Breeze again ;)

So glad you loved the chocolate melting cake, I knew you would!! :D You are making me so jealous, I just want to jump right in those pictures right now lol!

I think you are worrying too much about the wide angle lens pictures. I really think they are coming out very good and some of my favorite pictures of yours are the wide angle ones. They look very professional and the colors are always very vibrant. :)

The wide angle pictures that I dislike was with an old lens. The ones on the fisheye are my favorite pictures, I would not trade it for any other lens. Thank you :)

Gambee!!!!!!! You ROCK!!!!

Hi Gambee's Mom!!!

As usual, a phenomenal review and pictures.

Keep up the extraordinary work!

We appreciate all of the time and effort you put in to these.

46 days before I am back on the Breeze, again.

But, who's counting:rolleyes:

I would be counting :D

Thank you and have a great cruise!

YAY!!!!! Another Gambee review. Your reviews always make me want to immediately book the ship :)

Thank you :o

Thank you so much for your review. We will be on the Breeze this Saturday for the 8 day sailing. This review is getting me even more excited! Love the detail you are putting into it.

You're very welcome, hope you have a blast!

I was on the Breeze last year and was wondering if they fixed the problem with the slippery floors in the buffet?

Hmmmm, I dont recall having any issues with that. But I did some wet floor signs around there. I think the main issue there is that both pools are right there.

OHHHHHHH wait a minute, I saw someone wipe out really badly!!! He landed on back and his head hit the floor full force! you could tell he was in big pain, his buddies kept looking to see if was bleeding from the scalp.

So I guess no, they have not fixed it.

Edited by gambee

OMG just watched the sail away video on page 9 because they WON'T let me watch at work! (dogs) It was great. Back now to catch up on more...

P.S. DH's first question was "what kind of camera" and I told him not to go there. :D Then he said you should get paid for this. Carnival owes you promotional $$.

Glad you got to see the video, there are few other videos that I will suggest to watch in the review.

Thank you for the kind comment.

That is strange: Kilometers and Fahrenheit. You would expect Km with Celsius or Miles with F. Go figure!

BTW, loving your review!

Yeah not a fan of that system, but that should be a easy software fix for Carnival.

Day2-508_zps436a6042.jpg

I like the idea of the equipment outside, this is nice for early morning workouts and you want to experience the sea and not just from a window. Now granted in the blazing sun I bet that equipment is burning hot!!!

Gambee for president! Oh wait I am not even American so Gambee for mayor of Toronto!

Seriously I cannot believe the planning and attention to detail in this review.

Thank you for taking the time to write a comprehensive review.

I am now planning a summer cruise !

LOL, that comment brings me back to I think the Allure review, thank you kindly. I guess I would have to move to Canada and get nationalize and start campaigning first :D

Have fun planning your cruise, I find that is one of my favorite parts of the cruise.

GAMBEE! I feel like I am on the Breeze, again! :)

I agree with you about Faster to the Fun not being a necessity. I never saw a reason for it. Perhaps if I was traveling with children I would disagree.

Thanks for the tour of the Cloud 9 Spa - I never ventured up there! Spas just aren't my thing. My sister loves them.

Love the fisheye photo of the slide. Don't sell the fisheye!!!

The camera talk makes me giggle. I roll my eyes at most everything Ken Rockwell has to say. That man is quite full of himself. There are much more reputable camera body and lens reviewers who I prefer. Like you said, the NEX performs better than the RX... but at the price of having to lug around more gear. It's really a personal decision as to what people want to carry. I do think that the coloration issues that some have noted are just a difference in WB settings between the cameras. Not to mention, the room on the Carnival Breeze is awfully warm and yellow. I remember having to cool down most of my photos in Lightroom a good bit, and they were still on the warm side. Since you aren't running all of your photos through Lightroom for this review, that's a big difference right there. But I think the RX100 is still holding its own. Like I said before, I have several other friends who swear by it.

I'm so glad that you were able to meet up with your mom and aunt in Key West! They sound like a fun duo!! I've actually never been to Key West - I should probably fix that.

NURSE SHARKS!!!!!! I'm kind of a shark fanatic, myself. Nurse sharks aren't aggressive, but you would think they would put some sort of barrier around the pool. What if a kid fell in? Can you imagine the lawsuits?? The photos of the sharks in the pool fascinate me. I've always wanted to be able to go to some middle-of-nowhere island and chum the waters to see what sharks come to feast. I'm not sure how I feel about sharks in captivity... that is quite a small pool for those nurse sharks. How long were they - four to five feet nose to tail? I would want to touch them, too.

I'm glad that you were able to find a dinner group through your Roll Call! I sailed solo on the Norwegian Epic, which thankfully had a meet-up for single passengers, so I was able to eat with a fun group of people.

Also, when I was at Grand Cayman last week, we were in port with the MSC Divina which made me think of you. Many Divina passengers were with us at 7-Mile Beach carrying bright orange towels.... I couldn't help but giggle at how European all of the passengers looked. You better bring your speedo, Gambee! Anyway, it's quite a nice-looking ship, and I do hate that they pulled it from the US so soon.

Can't wait for more!

Well hello there, nice to see you here :)

I would never sell that Rokinon Fisheye, it is my favorite lens. The capabilities are just unlimited, and it provides extremely sharp pictures for a lens on that price range. I am currently thinking on upgrading the NEX 6, but still have to think about it. Not sure I want to spend that money and the f3 still plays well. Yeah like you said the RX holds her game, but the more I look at some pictures and the more I realize that I should of used the NEX on certain situations where the RX was used. Still not bad, these reviews are a learning process. And I have gotten very good at it through learning from my old mistakes. I will keep this in mind for my next review.

That was my thought about the tank, BUT I LOVED IT! Hope they dont change it. some of them were very large, longer than me., 6ft? My cousin goes diving all the time here in Ft. Lauderdale and he is always touching nurse sharks, not a fan that he does that, but he makes his own decisions.

I have expressed the captivity issue many times in the past with other animals, I am not a fan. However, this is simply the easiest and most affordable way of viewing then and experiencing them. So it is a hard thing to do, I am real animal lover :/

We will how the Divina thing ends up, I still plan on going, but plans do fall apart sometimes. :(. Not sure anyone would want to see me on a speedo, lol. But I will keep that in mind ;)

Thank you so much for your thorough comment =)

Whew, made it to page 22.

Gambee, do you think you would be willing to sell any of your pictures? I am looking at some of the illusion pictures for my living room. I have tons of the beach, ships, etc myself but they just don's seem to fit the style I am looking for. When you get a chance email me at da77@bellsouth.net and also I think you might want to think about them for the Las Olas art festival next year. (me first though)

I will shoot you an email once the review is done, and we can go from there. I have shared pictures in the past, and it all depends of the use that they will be involved. If by any chance I forget to write, please send me a PM through facebook. I have a lot on my mind right now.

I like the idea of the equipment outside, this is nice for early morning workouts and you want to experience the sea and not just from a window. Now granted in the blazing sun I bet that equipment is burning hot!!!

Maybe in the morning, I guess it might get some action at that time. But past 9:30am... No way Jose!