!!! BREEZE !!! Western Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Service was very slow to start, I was seated in a table for 4 ( I am not sure why) and I think the servers thought that I was waiting for more people. But either way I was not approached for about 10 minutes… Once I asked for help, the service went pretty fast.

Day3-87_zps7a9fdf48.jpg

the coffee was pretty good.

Day3-88_zpsd2ba95c5.jpg

The eggs Benedict were much better here. Again I am not sure why, but it is just the way it was. They tasted very different. And the bacon was delish, I had no idea you could request it crispy. I don't eat bacon often, I think only when I cruise.

Day3-89_zps84baf7e2.jpg

Oh I forgot when I was in line waiting to be seated that morning a lady in line asked me if I was the ship photographer. Lol. I was carrying with me all 3 cameras, and the cell phone it was actually quite funny.

Day3-90_zpsf2f6fabe.jpg

I ate pretty quick as I always do. I decided to get some pictures of the limelight lounge that was only one deck above me. Here is where all of the comedy shows take place and some other activities. I come here later on another night and document it a little deeper. But for now I will post some pictures and a short video.

This venue gets packed! So if you want a good seat I recommend getting there early to ensure you get one. Traveling Solo was not a big deal since there is always that single seat between families that no one wants to use.

Day3-92_zpsb7dbc3fa.jpg

Day3-91_zps2d52151f.jpg

Day3-93_zpse48ffa17.jpg

Day3-94_zpsfe66ff3a.jpg

Day3-95_zpsf2d1b780.jpg

And the video

I kept on walking and stopped by the taste bar that works as a continental breakfast station in the morning. By the way the taste bar offers free tastes of at night from the food of the for fee venues on the ship. I never went there, but it is a great way to taste the food and see if its your style or not.

But here is what they offer for breakfast.

Day3-101_zps598ba413.jpg

Day3-102_zps4bc0576c.jpg

I was never impressed with the cheese selection of Carnival. I am a cheese fanatic, and this was a total letdown.

Day3-103_zpsa732e22f.jpg

Day3-104_zps3caa12a2.jpg

The pairs did not look at their best.

Day3-105_zps84f3a2b7.jpg

Day3-106_zpsb38e8ab3.jpg

I needed to burn sometime before the thrill theater opened for business, so I went to the stores to get some pictures of the items that are Carnival related and the prices.

The concept of buying Carnival brand things is foreign to me, paying for them to get free advertisement? Just saying :p

Day3-108_zpsfdfb5eca.jpg

Day3-109_zpsd0a4a9f1.jpg

Day3-110_zps86302e7f.jpg

Day3-111_zps4027b7d4.jpg

Day3-112_zps4edf8cb0.jpg

Day3-114_zpseaca4571.jpg

Day3-115_zpsf088f213.jpg

This shirt was kind of cute for kids.

Day3-116_zps609e9be1.jpg

Day3-117_zps5d5be579.jpg

I read that Carnival recently partnered with Dr. Seuss (spelling), but honestly this is the only thing I saw that was connected to that during the entire cruise.

Day3-118_zps73996c98.jpg

Day3-119_zps7b9941b3.jpg

This is one area that they don't want you taking pictures, and obvously so. I was approached once, but she did not ask me stop. Instead she tried to get a sale out of me. I did however see a few people trying to get a picture out the professional pictures taken on the ship. That was not a good result :D, lol

Day3-143_zps4310c73c.jpg

Day3-142_zpsece32c38.jpg

Day3-140_zpse236920b.jpg

Day3-139_zps2128aa07.jpg

Day3-138_zpsececb2bc.jpg

Day3-137_zps439ab901.jpg

Day3-136_zpsbabc39aa.jpg

As I walked out of the stores, I heard some noise coming out of the main theater, so I headed that way. It was Butch our cruise director and the assistant cruise director. They were doing one of the sea day shows, taking about several topics. I actually waited there for information about getting off in Grand Cayman, but they never got to it. A lot of the show was based on sales and little else was discussed.

Butch was absolutely fantastic! Great personally, gorgeous smile and always super energetic. The bad news is that our cruise was his last voyage as a cruise director, he has been given a promotion and I believe he will now be working out of Miami. He was also very good looking ;)

Now please do not quote me on this, but I am almost sure that our assistant cruise director Mat Seguin was going to take over Butch’s job when he left. He was also a good director, but Butch overshadowed him in every way. He also cut him short when he was talking and other things of the matter. I think he should be just fine once he takes over and it becomes his ship. But as Butch’s shadow he could not perform at his best.

Mat to the left and Butch to the right, both of them very handsome. One thing that I noticed is that Carnival cruise directors are younger than the ones I have seen in all of my other cruises. I think it relates better to both me and company. I forgot his name, but I really did not like the one on the Allure.

Day3-132_zps7a637e33.jpg

When I left the theater there were holding one of those crazy sales were people congregate trying to get the best deal. I am not a fan of those a all….

Day3-133_zpsb7a092c5.jpg

Edited by gambee

Day3-134_zps61bda524.jpg

Day3-135_zps44e2f23f.jpg

Then it was time to hit the Thrill Theater, like I said great place. Definitely worth a try. My only issue with this venue was that the back of chair had some kind of tag that kept hurting my back when it did harsh movements. Maybe it was that specific seat, but I think it is all of them. Because I noticed it also on the seat next to mine.

Day3-147_zps7f8afd99.jpg

Day3-148_zps9587b5f7.jpg

You can see there the tag in the back, it might be because I have a skinny back, but honestly I don't think so.

Day3-151_zpsea75a33e.jpg

After the thrill ride I decided to hit the jacuzzi for a little while before lunch. Our CC roll call was meeting in the Cucina Del Capitano restaurant for lunch. The jacuzzis on the lanai got decent traffic throughout the cruise, but overall they had much less people than the ones in the aft of the ship.

Day3-163_zps24d882c6.jpg

Day3-158_zps97a9886e.jpg

Day3-160_zpse077bcb5.jpg

Day3-161_zps3829c66d.jpg

Day3-162_zps065f5301.jpg

3 days and I am on board the Breeze, and what do you use to add music to your video's?

Youtube has a very easy to use for free editing tool. The only time I add music on the videos is when I violate copy write with the music on the background of the video. It does not happen often, but will happen from time to time.

Day3-174_zpse683df57.jpg

Day3-176_zps45c257dd.jpg

I absolutely love how my underwater camera has a GPS and now my iPhoto map has little dots all over the ocean. Anyway, I left to go get ready for lunch with the CC group. Before entering my room I went to check out the view from the wrap around deck that I had yet to visit. That is when I noticed that I could see the bridge from there.

The crew area, there are two jacuzzis there.

Day3-164_zpsac78a028.jpg

And the bridge.

Day3-167_zps9c42cfaa.jpg

I love this wrap around deck.

Day3-169_zps5d921e23.jpg

Day3-175_zpscbb2a418.jpg

And as you already know I took a short video, it was really windy that day!

It is funny that I did notice the crew jacuzzis that day, I mean they were right there! lol :D

I am going to go ahead and cut here today, I have to get to work and work on several school projects that I have been neglecting. Overall day 3 was kind of quick, but I still have some more pictures and fun stories to share with you.

After the thrill ride I decided to hit the jacuzzi for a little while before lunch. Our CC roll call was meeting in the Cucina Del Capitano restaurant for lunch. The jacuzzis on the lanai got decent traffic throughout the cruise, but overall they had much less people than the ones in the aft of the ship.

Day3-163_zps24d882c6.jpg

Day3-158_zps97a9886e.jpg

Day3-160_zpse077bcb5.jpg

Day3-161_zps3829c66d.jpg

Day3-162_zps065f5301.jpg

Yikes!!.. talk about being on exhibit!.. 100+ cabin balconies looking down on you in your bubble bath!! :eek: I'm thinking that would feel sorta weird. Sure would not be my hot tub location of choice.

The Arcade in the Carnival Breeze is kind of hidden behind a Camp carnival area. I must say it was really big, the biggest that I have seen aboard any ship. Carnival certainly offers nice areas for kids to have fun and stay occupied. But that is as far as my knowledge goes in this area.

Maybe I am crazy but it seems that you are noticing many areas on the Breeze are larger then other the equivalent on other lines. If I am not as crazy as my wife seems to think I am do you think that, or does it feel that other lines are maybe skimping on these areas to fit more things?

Yikes!!.. talk about being on exhibit!.. 100+ cabin balconies looking down on you in your bubble bath!! :eek: I'm thinking that would feel sorta weird. Sure would not be my hot tub location of choice.

Gambee was the breakaway like this as well? Since it has the wrap around lani/promenade deck like breeze?

The only reason it was my jacuzzi of choice is because it is the only place I can find shade I a jacuzzi. Lounging is another thing' date=' I would be doing that there. But to each their own.

Maybe I am crazy but it seems that you are noticing many areas on the Breeze are larger then other the equivalent on other lines. If I am not as crazy as my wife seems to think I am do you think that, or does it feel that other lines are maybe skimping on these areas to fit more things?

I am not really sure. The breeze definitely felt more airy in some area, crowd dispersement was also done very efficiently. However this ship does have less specific areas than say breaway. Where ncl decided to have many small venues and spread people in that way, carnival seems to have large venues and less of them. It is a different concept and to be honest I am not sure which one I like best. While I love open areas, I also love exploring different areas of the

Ship. Although the breeze significantly smaller inside from say breakaway and silhouette. Not sure why, because the are all very similar in tonnage.

Gambee was the breakaway like this as well? Since it has the wrap around lani/promenade deck like breeze?

Well breakaways waterfront is not as wide as the breeze one. And it also has a roof that prevents the balconies from looking directly into it (mostly). However breakaway does not have jacuzzis there and it also does not have nearly as many lounges. The two areas are very different, the breeze is more to soak in the sun and enjoy the jacuzzi. While the breakaway one is more for people who enjoy reading a book or maybe dinning outside (although it can get windy).

But I. Reality I think ncl promotion was misleading, they were not the first ones with a waterfront. Carnival was the one, the only thing that ncl did was to lower the glass protection so it looks more open, but then you get wind issues. You can't win them all. Oh an ncl has more venues and restaurants that offer sitting outside. Carnival breeze only has 1 well 1 and a half if you could the BBQ place. Oh never mind also the cafe place. Lol.

The only reason it was my jacuzzi of choice is because it is the only place I can find shade I a jacuzzi.
Ahh yes, good point.. since the Breeze has no covered jacuzzi s - this location is the only way to be shaded while bubbling. :)

Harold! Did you see my tickers?

I see them! :D

I'll have a little better idea about my plans for late next year after I sail the Allure this September. November will be 6 months post retirement so anything might be possible! :)

Hmmmm, never thought of it that way... You have a good point there. But that technique only works when you have enough people serving costumers. During breakfast it was not an issue. But you will see later on in the review that long lines are formed if there is just one person serving. The wait for the chocolate buffet was pretty long.

And now that you mention that, I also want to note that to this day the breeze was the ship that I saw with the least amount of purell stations.

They only served the bacon on the Dream. Trying to cut down on the wasters out there I guess. Also had a hard time finding purell stations on Dream too.