!!! BREEZE !!! Western Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Loving your review. Considering the Breeze after our first Carnival cruise on the Dream. It's nice to see a review from someone who hasn't sailed the same cruise line a hundred times and cheerleads for that line. Sailed 4 different lines so far and as different as they are, they are very much the same. I have my favorites but Carnival's newer ships are a very good buy for the money. Now on to your Beakaway review because I'm considering Getaway too.

Gambee, OMG your review is simply awesome! Glad you posted the link to it in our cruise group. I sailed Breeze for my birthday in 3-2013 and have also sailed solo twice but on Valor. It is great to see Breeze through the eyes of a journalist. I am loving your pictures and your take on Breeze and your thoughts on Key West with your Mom, that was very nice. I want to add you as a friend and follow all your future journeys. :) Keep it coming!!!!!!!!

Day2-553_zpsd1347cec.jpg

Day2-554_zps14c9c8fb.jpg

Day2-555_zps6a316c0a.jpg

Day2-557_zps2992c608.jpg

I was just in a really good mood, and with a fantastic group or folks to go with it. I can only wish that all my roll calls are like this one in the future. Just such an amazing group of people. I specially loved the ethnic variety in it. Not sure I have mentioned this in the past, but I enjoy studying cultures and religions. I don't talk about them often, because some people make a big deal out of (religion and politics). But I truly do enjoy groups with a lot of variety in them, this was a great dinner setting.

Day2-558_zps25633139.jpg

- HOW in he WORLD did I miss this???? I could've sworn that I went to the library but....ugh. Anyway, I will definitely explore every nook & cranny on our next cruise....

It is hard to get everything from a cruise in one single voyage. There is simply too much to see and experience.

Is he/she nude?? Those look like some white cheeks.

Nah, lol. She had a bathing suit :D

They only served the bacon on the Dream. Trying to cut down on the wasters out there I guess. Also had a hard time finding purell stations on Dream too.

That was my thought. But they really should consider adding more purell stations.

subscribing. Great review and I must read the rest!

Thank you.

Great review. Thanks for posting it. Looking forward to the rest of it.

Ohiodoglover

Thank you :)

Loving your review. Considering the Breeze after our first Carnival cruise on the Dream. It's nice to see a review from someone who hasn't sailed the same cruise line a hundred times and cheerleads for that line. Sailed 4 different lines so far and as different as they are, they are very much the same. I have my favorites but Carnival's newer ships are a very good buy for the money. Now on to your Beakaway review because I'm considering Getaway too.

Thank you. I am also looking at getaway but just waiting until the prices a right. I feel that at this point it is over priced and I already over paid for the breakaway and don't plan on doing the same for getaway.

Hi. I am so loving your review! I am a big fan! Are you planning on going on The Getaway? I thought you were on my roll call. (I hope you are going)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I was booked on Getaway, but life has thrown some real duzzies at me and we had to cancel. We are still in planing stages and we have to figure out which ship to go on August. But in the end $$$ will be what decides on which ship we go, and I think I it is going be on Divina.

Gambee, OMG your review is simply awesome! Glad you posted the link to it in our cruise group. I sailed Breeze for my birthday in 3-2013 and have also sailed solo twice but on Valor. It is great to see Breeze through the eyes of a journalist. I am loving your pictures and your take on Breeze and your thoughts on Key West with your Mom, that was very nice. I want to add you as a friend and follow all your future journeys. :) Keep it coming!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your nice comment, more to come tomorrow :).

Well, Gambee, I thought I'd tell you that I've decided to not go on the Quantum for various reasons of which one is that it is just to pricey for a solo cruiser like myself. I thought a long time about this and I think that it's a right decision and I feel real good about it, actually relieved. So now I am looking at the Breakaway with it's solo accomadations and I will go back and reread your review on the Breakaway since I am now interested on sailing on that ship and there's a bus I can now get from ship to port from where I live in Baltimore.

Edited by Stella777

Gambee - I always love your reviews and this one is no exception. Thank you for taking the time to write. I love how you inject humor into almost every post!

I see them! :D

I'll have a little better idea about my plans for late next year after I sail the Allure this September. November will be 6 months post retirement so anything might be possible! :)

Woo hoo! Sounds exciting! We just booked Katie and TBA in a cabin and Chris's mom and dad in another for their first cruise ever. Both of those will just be the 7-night.

Well, Gambee, I thought I'd tell you that I've decided to not go on the Quantum for various reasons of which one is that it is just to pricey for a solo cruiser like myself. I thought a long time about this and I think that it's a right decision and I feel real good about it, actually relieved. So now I am looking at the Breakaway with it's solo accomadations and I will go back and reread your review on the Breakaway since I am now interested on sailing on that ship and there's a bus I can now get from ship to port from where I live in Baltimore.

I am sure you sail Quantum/Anthem later on when the prices are more reasonable. Sailing Solo on NCL the new NCL ships is much more reasonable and accommodating. I am sure you will have a great time aboard her.

I am really enjoying your review Gambee as I always do. Wish you would cruise more often so I can read your reviews more often. :D

Di

Lol, I wish I could sail more often as well, but I am grateful for every sailing that I can do :)

Gambee - I always love your reviews and this one is no exception. Thank you for taking the time to write. I love how you inject humor into almost every post!

Thank you :o :p

What?!?!?!? No Bloody Mary's??!?:eek:

They have them, just not in the menu. I saw the several times, no worries.

Back in the room I fixed myself a cocktail and headed to the balcony to enjoy view, some nice tunes, what song you ask? Well Actually I know because I have become obsessed with it “Dreamyness, by Keys N Krates”. This group gets me in the right mood every single time. Al the while having the waves breaking in the bow of the ship as background noise.

I LOVED!!! the location of my balcony, I think this is one of my favorite new areas to book. In my X cruise I had a similar balcony, but on a lower deck and with the horrible weather we had on that cruise the balcony got a lot of salt water it was always dirty with residue. But this one was just absolutely perfect in every possible way. You would think that the loud music from the Lido parties would filter into the room, but quite honestly I would rarely feel some base. Then there is the near proximity to all that AMAZING FOOD! You simply can’t beat that balcony, well maybe you could, but for me, well I was in Heaven and I was loving it. Oh did I forget that I was just steps away from the front secret balcony? You all know that by now.

So far I think the only location I have not tried are forward facing and mid ship. Not sure they will be to my liking since I do enjoy the rocking of the ship and mid tends to be more still. Forward I imagine has high winds at most times, it might be hard to enjoy a balcony that way.

Day3-177_zpsdaac106d.jpg

Soon enough it was time to head out for lunch, I made one crucial mistake that day… Not sure what I was thinking when I decided to wear my brand new white penguin shirt to an italian restaurant. I am sure mom is not pleased as she was the one who bought me the shirt. I was waiting for an special occasion to wear, but ummmmmmmm yeahhhhh…. I did not think that very well :D (maybe it was the alcohol running through my body). Please note that I am by no means a sloppy eater, but that day, well…. :p

On the way there.

Day3-179_zpsed5565a0.jpg

I mean come on really? How cool is this picture?

Day3-180_zps9ad1ccac.jpg

LOVE THIS PICTURE! it is almost like if the story is partially told, so many things that you know, but yet you know nothing about it.

Day3-181_zpsa16dd77a.jpg

Day3-182_zps7227377d.jpg

Here is the dinner menu, the cost for dinner is $12 per person

Day3-183_zps6218dab3.jpg

Day3-184_zps67f67020.jpg

And the lunch one. This is not what I would had normally ordered, but wanted to try it out.

Day3-185_zps0c776ac7.jpg

Day3-186_zps80598c50.jpg

It was a fairly large group, we sat at their largest table and it was a really tight fit. I think this was by far the time that the most of us got together. I also meet a few of CC members that I have not met with yet. This was the absolute best role call ever, no question about it. So energetic and fun, I enjoyed every minute of it.

I forgot to mention that I had quite a few drinks before this meeting, maybe I was a little nervous. Not sure why, everyone was so chill. Anyway, I guess it was good that I wore a white shirt in a way. Because I was sweating like a pig, but I think I managed to keep it hidden for the most part :D. It might have been the combination of caribbean weather, alcohol and high nerves.

Service was great very fast and a very handsome staff as pointed out by one of my fellow cruisers. I actually want to comment on that, I had been noticing that. A lot of Carnival Breeze crew is absolutely devine. And I think that goes for both genders! And hey I am single so I am to allowed to look and touch, well not touch :D. But look at the very least ;)

Anyway, we chatted about random topics and enjoyed the great company.

Ok lets see, for some dumb reason I ordered red clam sauce (I usually order white clam sauce, but was not offered), the funny thing is that I never eat tomato sauce, not a fan. I love italian food, but always get alfredo or white wine sauce. I think I wanted to play it safe and decided not to eat cheese that day, ironically I ended getting up getting sick… I am not entirely sure what it was, but I felt bloated the rest of the day. It was pretty much a down day because of that reason. The crazy part is that I had my lactose pills and I even took them, none of my food had cheese in it.

Anyway here is my dish, it was actually very tasty, but not sure what happened.

Day3-187_zpsc3ecb761.jpg

This is the lasagna from another CC member. From what I can remember no one had anything bad to say about the food or service. We were all just having one amazing time together.

Day3-188_zps46d04f8a.jpg

Day3-189_zpsd31caaa2.jpg

So anyway, as soon as i noticed that I had spilled sauce all over my shirt I tried discretely hiding it. Ummm yeah, there no hiding that on a brand new white shirt. Which reminds me, I am not even sure if the stain came out, gotta check that out. Anyway, thankfully no one noticed, yeah right, I am sure everyone noticed. But in my opinion everyone was nice enough not to call me out on it, thank you :D

Day3-190_zpsfeb08fc1.jpg

We finished eating and said our good byes and left. Do you know what the first thing I did after I left the restaurant?

Thats right, I took my shirt off in a femtosecond, lol. Only to expose my fat tummy, not that it helped much :D. But i guess it made me feel better, plus I was still hot as hell!

At the time I was not feeling sick, so I decided to head to room to make a drink and try to nap. I am not a good napper… And I don’t think i got any sleep at that point.

OMG my mom is going to kill me for posting this picture, but hey it's just undies :D

Day3-195_zps9edc4cd3.jpg

After some downtime I noticed some activity on the beach pool while changing channels and I decided to go check it out.

Day3-199_zps1ff35cb1.jpg

This was actually kind of funny in a way, although rude :D.

So there was some kind of competition, I forgot what it was. But it was between guys VS girls, something about sunscreen. Anyway, some drunk guys kept jumping into the pool and getting the Carnival activities guy soaking wet. He was really getting frustrated, but the guys made a complete joke out of it and just kept pushing it. I give him a lot of credit for maintaining his temper down under the circumstances.

They were really pushing the limit.

Day3-200_zps71c89a68.jpg

Day3-201_zps4e423831.jpg

Day3-202_zps26e9e950.jpg

Day3-203_zps31dbdde0.jpg

Poor guy, I really felt for him, with a mild internal laugh, lol. Don't tell him.

He told them he had electrical equipment in his hands, they could care less.

Day3-204_zpsf9290b87.jpg

Day3-205_zps430583fc.jpg

Right near the pool area with a bunch of drunk people, ummmmm yeahhhhhh, not sure who thought of this one… Maybe they were drunk themselves, because I nearly pocked myself with it by accident. I guess they are easy to take care off, and bring some spanish flare to the ship?

Day3-207_zpsee20f64a.jpg

Long story short at the end of the contest they were supposed to put on a bunch of sunscreen and spread it evenly throughout their teammate body. The guys ended up winning.

Day3-208_zps4155d235.jpg

Day3-209_zpsc34c4d9d.jpg

I think they need help :D

Day3-210_zpsa7aa09b4.jpg

Day3-211_zps9ff8007d.jpg

Day3-212_zpse42ec089.jpg

Day3-213_zps1f27f56b.jpg

It was actually really funny, because when they told them about the last event they were all looking at each other with that face “this is really gay” lol. And I guess it had that kind of feel to it, you have guys touching this other guy all over. It was to die for, I loved it. The girls did not do as good, but in my opinion the guys had the upper hand as he had more surface to cover than the girl. Not too fair….

So one thing I love about Carnival is that even the looser team always gets a price, I think the other cruise lines do it as well. But I have never seen it done as much or as often. Pretty neat, I mean these folks go out there to have fun. But a lot of times it involves making a fool of yourself, it is nice to know that it goes rewarded no matter what.

Thumbs up Carnival!

I was also just talking with a friend about this topic. So here is the thing, I rarely participate in events like these, and by rarely I mean never. But these activities really bring some awesome energy to the overall cruise. Even if you're just an spectator enjoying people making a fool of themselves, it really adds to your vacation. But also keep in mind if you're more of a chill person there are many other areas for you like the lanai or the aft pool. I really think that Carnival has nailed a medium with this. Unlike with Celebrity were mom and I found ourselves bored at times, this never happened on the Breeze, and I was going Solo!

Which brings me to think why do people criticize Carnival so much? They are by no means perfect, but they have one amazing product!

Haters will be haters?

Edited by gambee

It was about time for the Hasbro game show, and as you I know by now am not a show kind of person. However, this was different, I have never been in a televised game show and that was something that I needed to check out.

The show had a very good turnout, and the host was Butch. He really did one amazing job with this, he really knows how to keep things rolling even when they stall for some reason. He was fantastic at his job, I have nothing but good things to say about him. Well he did push a lot of Carnival products through the speakers, but I guess that comes with the territory.

Anyway the show was fun, but the prices are kind of lousy. They are mostly a bunch of table games, so as you imagine the winner has to be child. I almost certain that this game is 100% fixed, I have read a few other reviews and they all had children as winners and about 70% of the contestants are adults. Sooooooooo Ummmmmm yeahhhhhhh, you do the math, that’s all ill say :D

None the less if you have a kid bring him there and if he/she gets picked the odds are high that he/she they will win a bunch of games. And even if they loose they get a small price.

I actually stayed there for the entire show AWAKE!! :D, no other cruise line can claim that till today! Carnival managed that, it is actually kind of incredible. My mom could not believe it. Well done Carnival.

Day3-214_zps5cfd8de6.jpg

Day3-215_zps4df92583.jpg

Day3-216_zpsd02d14f5.jpg

Day3-217_zps02a14f8e.jpg

I guess it is the large version of the Hasbro games? Not sure, never a fan.

Day3-218_zps605a2f58.jpg

since it is a televised show, they showed us this really old hasbro commercial during intermission (is that how its called?) it was really neat!

Day3-219_zps963d19d1.jpg