Photography and pictures on Carnival weddings?

amiryghb

Hi,

I'm getting married in Shaw Park Garden in Ocho Rios during a 5 day cruise on the Imagination next January. Can any of you Carnival brides share what your experience was with the photographers on Carnival? How were their picture quality? If you wouldn't mind sharing, how much did a photog package end up costing? Can you get digital proofs (like on a CD)? Was the photog there to take pics of you and the groom getting ready and took all the Must Take Pics you wanted? Any information or advice on photography/pictures would be greatly appreciated!!!

oh if anyone has any of their professional pics taken by Carnival they could share that would be wonderful!!!

thanks so much

• 3 weeks later...

Hello brides-to-be,

I got married on the Carnival Valor May 29, 2005. It was the best experience of my life. I had the best pictures taken. The package I got was about 1200 dollars but well worth it. I got 2 16x20 canvas portriats and about 150 photos. I then received the cd and copy right release. I have about 200 photos. I got 2 wedding albums and 3 frames from Carnival. I did not have any pics. taken getting ready, but I had them taken before I walked down the isle.

I also chose the wedding video, it turned out amazing, it is very reasonable, cheaper than I can get in my home town by a grand. It is so perfect, I had multiple angels of me walking down the ilse and us before and after the wedding. We set up times to meet and walk around the ship and do interviews. The video is about 20 min. We got the basic and then is plenty nice. I hope I helped answer your questions.

My husband and I had a wonderful experience and have nothing but great things to say about carnival and their staff.

Lindsay

Hi, Can any of you Carnival brides share what your experience was with the photographers on Carnival? How were their picture quality? If you wouldn't mind sharing, how much did a photog package end up costing? Can you get digital proofs (like on a CD)? Any information or advice on photography/pictures would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hi! I am also getting married, but on the Fantasy, so I have also been scouting out photographers too. I'm glad Lindzelee had a great experience! But in MY OPINION, many photo albums I have seen by ship photographers have been downright AWFUL. I could have done a better job myself. And I would have refused to pay! I'm not sure what you're looking for, but all the photos I've seen were so boring, without ANY creativity whatsoever.

Many of the formal shots of the bride and grooms were done in an indoor studio, with an awful grey backdrop, like you were having senior pictures taken! And people pay between $1200 and $1800 for less than 200 pics!

Here's what I'm doing: bringing down our engagement & reception photographers to the Bahamas to shoot the ceremony. We are having a reception at home when we get back, so our photraphers are letting us split the time (2 photographers for 10 hours for $1895) between the 2 places. I will be paying for their hotel and airfare (they will meet us in Nassau, not cruising), which will be around $1500: the same price as other Carnival brides pay for their awful pics!

This way, I can meet with the photographers beforehand. The ship photographers I've known have all been wonderful, but it IS a gamble. What if this is their first wedding? Why risk it? Its much too important of a day.

Look at flying someone in!

Just my 2 cents

Hello-

I did have a great photographer ( Saju, on Carnival Valor) he did a great job and I had many different back grounds and none of them grey or boring. I had one that looked like roman arches. When I got home everyone thought they took us off the boat to an island, ( looks very real ). Then I had a white back ground that was like sheets draping. It is hard to explain but very pretty. We also had pictures taken in the Capital room and all around the ship on the round staircases, etc.

I think no matter who you go with you are taking a chance.

I am glad that you are able to afford to fly and accomadate your photographer, but I dont know if that is in a lot of wedding budgets. I have some of my pics. posted under the topic Lindzlee. I was very happy with what I got and after viewing others photos I think they are all wonderful. Do not worry no matter what you do it will be great.

LIndsay

I have a friend who is a photographer and a hair stylist and I am considering flying him down to Miami for my wedding to do my hair, and maybe our photos. But I thought that I read somewhere that you must use the photography services that Carnival offers. Is this true? If not I will definitely have my friend take our photos. I worked at a photography studio and I am kind of picky, so I think it would be best for me to have my friend do my pictures since he will know exactly what I am looking for. But if I have to use Carnival photographers, I will just bring some sample photos of what I am looking for.

Archived