Hair Straighteners on Board?

I'm cruising on Pacific Dawn in August 2014. This will be my first cruise. I normally use hair straighteners to straighten my hair after washing, because it gets really frizzy when it's dry if I don't. However, looking at the online information on the website it says that electrical appliances can't be used. Is it possible to purchase hair straighteners on board and use them in my cabin?

No problem taking your own hair straightener on. The only thing that is a no no are things like your own kettle or iron. Hair straighteners and dryers no worries. There will be a hair dryer in your room but they aren't real flash. :D. Make sure you take a double adapter as there will only be one power point in your room and that is on the desk on the main cabin. Fiona. :)

Thanks folks, I was a bit worried. People on the facebook page seemed to think that it would be impossible for me to take hair straighteners so I'm going to buy a cheap one and leave my GHD one at home - just in case. Can do re double adaptor - is it a normal 2 or 3 pin Australian plug?

Edited by Koalasrule

I haven't been on Dawn, but on Pearl, definitely Australian plugs. I would think it would be right across their fleet seeing as they are based in Australia.

Oh nooooo, not a cheap straightener, you won't be satisfied with anything after having a GHD ;)

Defiantly Aus power points. Just like you would have at home. Take your GHD, just think what you would pack if going to stay in a hotel somewhere. You will need a good one onboard more so, can't remember where you said you were Cruising to but if it's the South Pacific you will find you will be washing/drying hair more anyway and with the heat your hair will go frizzy. Lol. Fiona