Any quiet places on Liberty?

catty

Though it's not in direct sun, I like to read a book on the exterior deck of the Lobby. There are loungers out there and a nice breeze and ocean views.

I also like to go forward on decks 6, 7 or 8 to the secret decks. There are not usually many people there and there are a couple of benches, but because of the bulkhead you can't see out unless you are standing.

While not totally deserted, the aft pool (adults only) area is peaceful, especially on port days. I spent an entire morning there on a port day when my travel companion went ashore. I swam mini-laps and did aerobic exercise in the pool I mostly had to myself and then just sat in a lounger gazing at the sky, listening to music and people-watching. I was in the shade most of the time. There's a bar there, free pizza/salad/ice cream, tables in the shade, bathrooms just inside -- it's a lovely area. Have a great cruise!

Will be sailing her on May 31st as a solo traveler for sun and relaxation. Any places you have found that is away from the crowds?

My favorite place to get some sun away from the crowds on the Liberty is the deck right above the basketball court. It often goes forgotten about. Go onto the basketball court, and up the stairs to your immediate left. There are chairs up there, but you may have to pull one off the stack. Even on seadays, it was just us and maybe 5 or 6 other people. You can hear the music and activities on the lido, so it's not quiet in terms of sound, but you have a great vantage point to watch without being crowded.

I always liked the Panorama deck (this is the deck above the pool area) - pick a spot halfway between the middle and aft pools (which would put you somewhere on the outside of the fish & chips restaurant area). You can get sun or stay in shade depending on where you position yourself and it's usually pretty quiet. I've taken a couple naps out there falling asleep to the sound of the waves down below.