Sail-a-way on Golden from Seattle

nanabananna

I would like to be outside (of course weather permitting) when we set sail in July. Where would the best viewing area be on the ship to see Seattle's Skyscape?

Back of ship, starboard side. We took photos from near the terrace pool on the Star which is similar to the Golden. I think it was deck 14 or 15.

If you have a balcony on the starboard side, you can take photos from there.

Edited by djwa

Princess ships leave from Pier 91, which is north of downtown Seattle. You will get good shots of downtown while the ship is still in Port. During sailaway, the aft end of the ship, by the Terrace pool is the best place to watch the Seattle skyline disappear.

6952992009_4cfa6bc21d_z.jpgGolden Princess - Alaska by Jasperdo, on Flickr

6952993115_10222ce470_z.jpgGolden Princess - Alaska by Jasperdo, on Flickr

6952993885_841e70ed3e_z.jpgGolden Princess - Alaska by Jasperdo, on Flickr

6806882754_9f4c567ce2_z.jpgGolden Princess - Alaska by Jasperdo, on Flickr

As you can see from Jasperdo's photos, the aft decks around the Terrace Pool, probably on Lido deck (14) with the Outrigger bag for refreshments :) Oasis Bar on Sports deck (16) may also be open.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am the wandering type so move about the ship to find places to see any city as we sail out. Given the time it takes a ship to leave any port, you have time to find good spots to take some photos and get a beverage at the same time.

My 3 cents.

The tricky part about the sailaway out of Seattle is that Smith Cove (the port Princess Alaska cruises are based out of) is a couple of miles north of the downtown core, so you won't ever get really all that close to Downtown. To be perfectly honest, if you really want the "postcard" view of the Seattle skyline from across the water, your best bet is to either take a ferry ride across Puget Sound or take a drive out to West Seattle. You won't be disappointed.

That said, you can still get some nice views from the ship too.

Edited by Vexorg