Do They Rent Phones on Triumph?

Leo Jay

Given that conventional cell phones won't work on a ship most of the time, do they have phones available for rent on the Triumph so that you can keep in touch with members of your party? I understand that some ships/cruiselines do have these available to rent.

Fortunately, one can now buy a 2-way radio equipped with vibrate notification and a headset attachment (and YES, I DO know how to talk quietly and discreetly without having a chatty conversation), but even so a cell-sized phone would be a bit more convenient than a radio...

No, I'm talking about a portable phone just to use to keep in touch with another member of your party while on the ship -- not for ship-to-shore calls. Essentially a walkie-talkie that looks/operates like a cell phone.

No, I'm talking about a portable phone just to use to keep in touch with another member of your party while on the ship -- not for ship-to-shore calls. Essentially a walkie-talkie that looks/operates like a cell phone.

Oh yeah they rent those, but you can get those at most dept stores pretty cheap.

Seems like the units they have for rent are just the conventional walkie-talkies that can easily disturb everyone else. I think I'll follow my original plan and buy the kind that uses a headset and has vibrate alert. Though, doubtless, there will still be people just irritated at the idea of me using it...

Those sounds great. I have seen many people use the walkie talkies onboard and *most* of them didnt really need to shout for the other party to hear them. Plus most dont use them like cellphones and try to carry on long conversations. Its usually : Where are you? Meet back at the room in 10 mins.

Archived