Venice Hotel Room Half Price Oct 29 & 30

CliffLWR

Hi all

Unfortunately, we had to cancel our cruise due to illness, but have prepaid for a hotel room in Venice for October 29 & 30. The hotel is located near the Grand Canal and is also within walking distance to the cruise ship terminal.

The hotel said we could transfer our reservation to another party and, since we had to cancel our travel plans, we're willing to "sell" this reservation for half price.

If this is of interest to you, please contact me and we can discuss the logistics.

cliffLWR

Hi all

Unfortunately, we had to cancel our cruise due to illness, but have prepaid for a hotel room in Venice for October 29 & 30. The hotel is located near the Grand Canal and is also within walking distance to the cruise ship terminal.

The hotel said we could transfer our reservation to another party and, since we had to cancel our travel plans, we're willing to "sell" this reservation for half price.

If this is of interest to you, please contact me and we can discuss the logistics.

cliffLWR

So sorry to hear of your problem.

I had to cancel a cruise plus room last year as a result of my husband being taken ill. However, I got the full amount back on my insurance (cruise, room & excursions that I'd paid for outside of Cunard (Cunard just refunded me direct for those booked on line).

Might be worth checking your insurance, then you won't lose 50% - it's bad enough coping with ill health & loss of your holiday without being hit in the pocket as well.

Good luck & speedy recovery

Thanks for viewing my post.

First, in fact we were booked on a Princess cruise leaving tomorrow (May 20). The hotel was very gracious and offered to let us transfer the reservation to another party, but I was recently diagnosed with heart problems and was too busy dealing with that to try to figure out how to reach out to anyone possibly needing a hotel room.

In any event, they also offered to re-book for a later date. I chose October 29 and 30, knowing it coincides with the departure of the Queen Elizabeth from Venice on October 31 and thinking that maybe someone booked on that cruise would be interested. (We also enjoy cruising on Cunard.)

In answer to another posted question, while we did buy the trip insurance from Princess, I don't believe that extends to the hotel stay before the cruise.

If anyone is interested, please let me know.